How do my seedling leaf look?

88WW

Feed them 5.5 ph with nutrients for a few days now.
Did you clean them properly first?
Make a wee slit in the top corner of one of your cubes and stick the pH meter in it. Might be rising, that would cause that yellowing. Which you were technically right about . It is iron def but it's not from a lack of iron. Just things settling in buddy you don't need to fix anything.
Just keep the feed light, don't soak the cubes and they'll look after themselves :)

Did you clean them properly first?
Make a wee slit in the top corner of one of your cubes and stick the pH meter in it. Might be rising, that would cause that yellowing. Which you were technically right about . It is iron def but it's not from a lack of iron. Just things settling in buddy you don't need to fix anything.
Just keep the feed light, don't soak the cubes and they'll look after themselves :)

Yes soaked in ph 5.5 to start. First feed was 5.8ph by accident then 5.6 5.5 5.5 5.5 since. My pen was not properly calibrated, after I went to the hydro store to buy some things I got it calibrated and it was off by .3. Thanks for the reply Barney, appreciate it. First time ever growing so I was a little spooked. Just walked into the room half way day 6 and the yellowing has gone down already.

While I have you hear barney. I was wondering f you could answer my other question i made a thread about.

After I transplant then into 4" small cubes in 2 days or so. Is it wise to move then into my tent? I'm using a 24w t5 light right now. And my tent has a solar system 550 led light with a controller. I was thinking moving then early to get comfortable to the LED light sooner.

All sorts of wierd shit can happen the first 2 weeks mate. Funky twisty leaves, wierd colours etc. Just keep your cool, keep the feed light and let them figure it out for themselves. Once there's 3 nodes (sets of leaves) they're pretty well established and you can start messin with them but untill then just leave them well alone and have faith :)

Id leave them where they are for now mate. You don't want the plant growing just yet. Try not to think of this as growing a plant, you're growing a root system. The more developed that gets now, the better the plant will grow later in life.
Keep them under the seedling light untill the 4 inchers are fully rooted. You'll find it much easier to get nice framed seedlings aswell. It's not easy stopping them from stretching under a higher powered light.

Id leave them where they are for now mate. You don't want the plant growing just yet. Try not to think of this as growing a plant, you're growing a root system. The more developed that gets now, the better the plant will grow later in life.
Keep them under the seedling light untill the 4 inchers are fully rooted. You'll find it much easier to get nice framed seedlings aswell. It's not easy stopping them from stretching under a higher powered light.

Thank you so much. Appreciate the lessons :)

Back
Top Bottom