How Do They Get Strains To Taste Different?

I
I take it this is just a combination of placing the dry buds in with fresh rinds in a curing (mason-style) jar? Wonder if you can do the same with any fresh fruit, or some fresh mint. Seems a shame to let bud sit around that long but now I'm curious if that could work with my medicine bottles I use to store it. Stay fresh longer and more time to soak up the smell?
Think i'll avoid the potential mold issues doing that myself. Can't see hoe it vould be good for bud quality, but I could be wrong.

Back when the world thought pot was the root of all evils, growers came up with some pretty ingenious ways to grow their pot. People living in the backwoods around here really got crafty in the art of growing and some of the best bud I have ever smoked came from these farmers. They didn't need all the different strains, PPM measurements, PAR readings and all that "scientific" jazz. All they needed was gardening experience and they put that, along with some good ole redneck ingenuity, into their pot. Seeds were non-existent here, so they would maintain 1 or 2 plants for years to keep their supply going and they took care of those plants as if their life depended on it.

I've seen guys keep their mother plants in cucumber patches, strawberry patches, watermelon and even blueberry bushes. But the cool thing was that over time, the pot they grew took on hints of flavors from those fruits. A friend of my Dad's kept his in his cucumber patch. They would vine up all around his pot and hid it really well. When I was older and I got to smoke bud from those it had a sweet, fruity cucumber taste that was out of this world. He died in the early 90's and I'm pretty sure those plants and seeds went with him. I'm sure that's happened many, many times over the years and that is sad to think about.
Smell comes from genetics for sure but pot can take on different hues in the right situations. Sprays and stuff like that are out there, but for me, I'd rather enjoy what comes from the plant naturally.
Now look what ya'll did..I'm going to have to make me a cucumber patch ;)

Back
Top Bottom