How do you clean your reservoir and grow equipment?

AgZaarBen

Hey Everyone!

I am wondering what you use to clean your reservoirs, grow tables, floors, etc? As a grower I has have always wanted to find a power brush that is light and doesn't require a hose.

If you have any suggestions or have been frustrated with your current cleaning tools please let me know.

I am considering developing my own power brush specifically for hydro / aquaponics growers.

Thanks

Aquaponics doesn't want to be cleaned. Bacterial matter is a good thing in Aquaponics.

Dumme has a point as long as what is in your system is beneficial... Your chances of spreading plant viruses and bacterial or fungal infections is a serious concern though. Anything in the water of a recirculating system exposes every plant in the system. I'm a fan of oxyclean to chew up residues and then starsan to sterilize. Works great in brewing and that is far more demanding in terms of sterility. The starsan is mostly phosphoric acid so the plants will just eat any residue they come in contact with. If you want continuous sterilization during your grow cycle, you can always stick a UV-C light on the reservoir with runs of a few minutes a few times a day.

-Eskander

In a sterile system... Disassemble, hot soapy water with 1/4 cup per gallon bleach and a never used toilet bowl brush... Add elbow grease and VIOLA clean system.

I use z7 water treatment in my DWC buckets and it keeps every clean at all times.

I have not done any washing of buckets,stones or hydroton for years now and they all look like new.

It is an enzyme cleanser and not only does it keep everything clean it has stopped all root issues and slime for me.

I use citric acid as a cleaner for my empty buckets and every time I start a new grow but throughout the grow everything is fine I use great white bacteria keeps my system fresh

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom