How do you interact with people in and not in the "know"

xsmokinbudx

hello every one, i got some time to kill and im flying right now so im gonna talk for a minute, skip to the bottom if you dont wanna read the lead up...anyway what brings me to ask this is a few things, let me first start by saying im 20 years old(so you know what perspective this is coming from) so a couple weekends ago me and my friends were smoking on a friday night and his dad called him from a a house he was at and asked him(his son) if he had some pot he could come smoke with his(the dads) friend. we got a laugh out of it and figured why not, i guess his dad knows we smoke and kinda looks past it. as we went over the house we thought it might be awkward smoking with his dad s friends but it wasnt. we smoked, we laughed.

i have never smoked pot with my parents but have with several of my friends. For the first time ever this month my mother told me she doesnt care that i smoke though so thats was cool.

My question is How do you interact with people in and not in the "know"?

I just act like myself initially and me being the stoner I am, the topic of Marijuana comes up frequently. Normally the first couple times i'll just let it fly, and judging by the hostility I get I know when to keep going and when to stop. I'll never openly state I smoke it though, that could be bad. Just more like cannabis facts, myths (to the parentals), culture and things of that nature.

To the few people who know how deep the stoner in me really goes, our conversations are ALWAYS about weed. Especially when were blazing... You can just keep talking about it over and over and it never gets old or boring.

I smoke with my 21 yr old son and his friends sometimes but its backwards he always hits me and my son in law (28yrs old) up for smoke. Heads can usually recognize a head and if im dealing with someone who is not in the know but wants to know ill teach them cause its kind of like im living the first time again. If theyre not in the know and dont want to know i just avoid all conversations surrounding the subject. i try to take advantage of Any opportunity to teach someone the benefits of cannabis ...

having my perspective, being 18 and living in new zealand with the legal status as it is, my interaction with potheads is usually amongst people in thier late teens - early twenties. i often meet people that give me the right vibe, i can just aproach them about it, though im careful how specific i become when im talking about myself or others i know. i relate to pot, through the lesser known terms like "buds", or i ask if anyone knows "where to score", this is a great social filtering mechanism, knowing that only another pothead can understand the terminology im aproaching them with, otherwise i just brush them off and tell them to nevermind, which happens less often than i expect.
its all a pretty casual conversation topic amongst others and i dont hesitate to have conversations about it to even non smokers and if i feel comfortable around anyone i may even let them know that im stoned for a laugh which i never have a problem with.
the most reassuring thing to me is that ive met so many people who smoke pot, its more commonplace than id ever imagined and i like it that way.

Usually I can pick out the MJheads from those who aren't. Although being a teacher and the laws are strict here...I feel like I lead a double life sometimes. i use a lot of surfer slang in my usual normal talk where is when I'm teaching or being professional I never talk that way. It kinda sucks that I can't be myself, and I've been fighting this for a while. That's why me my boyfriend, my best friend, and her man want to move over seas. Not sure where at yet. We've been searching places. but it will happen. So yeah...I lead the double life.

growing up my best friends parents always had alot of herb and shared, his dad was the counselor at the jr high and his mother taught typing.. they definately lead the double life. i saw that friend last month for the first time in over ten years. He is now a deputy sherrif in las vegas. that still didnt stop me from taking some bong rips before we went out. he was still the cool guy that i knew before. He says" you still smoke that stuff?" and i ask " does your mom and dad" and he says €you know it

Back
Top Bottom