How do you naturally balance the ph to your water at home?

kaylablazeit

My plants have reddish brown spots on the older leaves and im 99.9 % sure its because of the PH in the water I am currently using. I cannot afford any store bought ph balancers and I dont even know where to buy them. So does anyone know of anything that can be most likely found in my kitchen to balance the ph? And to pool water PH strips work for testing it? Thanks for reading, !

yes the strips work... that is what they are for.

test

then ask again with results, if you have a pool you may have the chemicals you need already

What r u using for spray? I made my own mixture of Rosemarry oil, h2o, and mr bubble. It worked but if I spray at the beginning of the cycle instead of the end the oil left a residue that caused my leaves to have "brown freckles" because of the lights cooking them. They r fine, they r in flower now. Keeping track of feeding, ph, and ppm on a calendar next to ur grow room helped me figure out growth spurts, and when to up ppm or nitrogen etc.... For the next cycle. I have a room 2 wks in flower ahead of the other and helped me up things before the deficiencies hit.

I dont worry about ph i use rain water its neutral, the pH value would be 7, right in the middle so i dont have to worry about all the crap that goes with tap water ;) i grow in canna pro potty mix take alook at my grows never had a problem using rain water its the best imo i keep it simple as i can potty mix rain water and lights thats pretty much it ;)

Well, I ended up balancing the Ph with vinegar, which also brought the alklanitiy (idk how to spell it right now, didnt have my wake n bake yet lol) down , So Im content with that... I let it sit for about 20 hours now, and its all still low, about 6.5 so I'm all good. Ill see in a week or so with how my girls are growing, hopefully no other leaves will get reddish yellowish brownsih spots on them... if they do, idk what Ill do.

Another question, I realized I was really stupid and bought flowering pots with no holes in the bottom and ive been growing my girls in them, and i did some research and apparently that could risk to over watering and I high sodium level..... So what do I do about that? Make holes in the bottom? Or just leave it.....

Okay I will, I just gotta find something sharp enough to go through,,,... any suggestions? lol, I dont wanna use anything that could damage the roots,

Once I do that, should I flush the soil with Ph balanced water, or should I wait until tho soil it dry? It's moist right now.

I would use a drill, your roots are unlikely to be near the bottom of your pot.

Are you using an incandescent bulb?

image14330.jpg

No its a cfl and a floodlight, I just currently have no money to buy any more cfl's at the moment lol, but my other baby has two cfl's on her, if a floodlight is an incandescent , than sorry, my bad lol

That floodlight is not doing much besides using energy and cooking that plant. Shut it off and put thew other CFL 1" away from the top of the plant till you can get more

do you have a pool? PH down is a common product cheap and effective or Citric Acid as PH fix for Cannabis - Blogs - 420 Magazine ® ... stuff like lemon juice does not work

That floodlight is not doing much besides using energy and cooking that plant. Shut it off and put thew other CFL 1" away from the top of the plant till you can get more

do you have a pool? PH down is a common product cheap and effective or Citric Acid as PH fix for Cannabis - Blogs - 420 Magazine ® ... stuff like lemon juice does not work

My babys being cooked?!?!?! Oh no! Ill forsure take away the floodlight, thanks for letting me know! Will the plant be okay with just one cfl for now until I am able to get some new ones?

Back
Top Bottom