420 Magazine Background

How do you properly take a clone?

kaylablazeit

Okay so I've taken like 5 clones so far and 4 has died. They grow about 2cm of root then the stem and everything else goes right soft and they turn a brownish color which makes me believe they are dead... So can anyone help me out?

I snip them from their mother, then i clip off all the the leaves I dont want and trim the ones i do want, then I scrap them with my scissors and then i dip them in the rooting hormone, then i put them in moist soil and put them in my dome, i spray the dome once a day.
One time I noticed a clone literally grew fur on the stem!
The one thats lliving looks alright, but i really dont want it to die cause I want to put the mothers into flowering soon...
So any advice or any point outs to what I am doing wrong, ... feel free to let me know!!

I keep them on my dresser which is mostly shaded, they have faint light coming from the closet but not much.

c526

Member of the Month: Jan 2015 - Plant of the Month: Jan 2015
what you are describing is called damping off,its from to much humidity? or moisture at the stem

your process sounds correct,but try and cut at a growth node,do your 45 there and the rest should be money

do not keep spraying inside the dome,cut them, set them,leave them alone,
if you want/need to spray them everyday,do not put them in the dome

Blueballavngr

A low dose of seaweed extract and b1 vitamin helps. Rockwool is easy for me with a humidity dome. I just soak the cubes In a weak solution and dip in rooting solution and plug them in and cover. I take from stems with atleast two nodes and bisect the second. Lightly scrape and cut a slit up the middle before dipping. This will maximiZe surface area for roots. Just don't over scrape just enough to remove a slight layer of stem

c526

Member of the Month: Jan 2015 - Plant of the Month: Jan 2015
TheCpn's methods are 100% IF you do as instructed,my failures in the R/W cubes are my undoing,I cant leave them alone hahahaha

I know the damping off,all to well.

Fuzzy Duck

what you are describing is called damping off,its from to much humidity? or moisture at the stem

your process sounds correct,but try and cut at a growth node,do your 45 there and the rest should be money

do not keep spraying inside the dome,cut them, set them,leave them alone,
if you want/need to spray them everyday,do not put them in the dome
I'm in favour of this suggestion :cheer:

But depends on OP meaning of damp soil is ?

To wet is just to wet... moist is not over saturated with water but not dry & to keep like this is more ideal for clones/cuttings, they also need to breath so make sure ya little dome thing has a vent or other wise leave it off twice a day for 30 mins etc

I normally don't scratch stems but prefer to make final cut of clone below a node point.

Top Bottom