How do you travel?

chrishazzoo

Okay, so I travel out of state every now and then. I do NOT want to break any laws. I find out, when getting my card that you can't bring anything out of state etc. I am so used to travelling with all my meds, and assumed this would be one of them. I get insomnia even worse when I travel.

What are the options to acquire med mj when in another state? I go to Nevada mainly....but got a flight for a christmas gift for anywhere.

Just thinking ahead here, any suggestions (legal options) will be much appreciated.

If you want to be legal in another state that has MJ laws you have to meet with a doctor in that state. That is the only way to do it legally

That is what I thought....I just learned this weekend Nevada is okay with MMJ...my friends there buy in bulk, not mmj, but it is available...I just want to be legal and all.

If you want to be legal in another state that has MJ laws you have to meet with a doctor in that state. That is the only way to do it legally
Yes, that would be a solution. You don't want to catch you and have problems, so first get a consultation with your doctor bc I don't see other options, have a great day

Airports are covered by TSA Feds, and you would come under Federal law if caught transporting. I think.

Actually they leave that up to local law enforcement, so varies widely on where you are. From the TSA website:

TSA’s screening procedures are focused on security and are designed to detect potential threats to aviation and passengers. Accordingly, TSA security officers do not search for marijuana or other illegal drugs, but if any illegal substance is discovered during security screening, TSA will refer the matter to a law enforcement officer.

So a more legal State at most you would probably have it taken away, as they have better things to do. But if in a State where simple possession of small amounts can still get you in lots of trouble you might be screwed. Carrying large amounts aka trafficking might get the Feds involved (FBI) or notified at the least to put you on a list no matter where you are.

To start medical marijuana for your insomnia symptoms, you’ll need to consult with a doctor and obtain a written recommendation. Then you’ll need to get a medical marijuana card and go shopping at a cannabis dispensary to obtain your products. MarijuanaDoctors.com is a great place to find a qualified medical cannabis doctor to start the process of obtaining marijuana for insomnia. I hope it helps!

Rick Simpson oil is best for traveling u can even put it in capsules and put in a aspirin bottle with no smell whatsoever and no TSA hassles to deal with it. My two cents.

Legally, it's against federal statute to cross state lines when in possession of a "controlled substance" unless you're one of the (literal) handful of people who got accepted into the federal (crappy) cannabis program decades ago, and I don't even know if any of those folks are still alive.

That doesn't mean you get caught, lol. One of the various commercial "odor-proof" bags (sponsor Mars-Hydro sells them), vacuum bag/alcohol wash/another vacuum seal bag /another wash (carefully cleaning your hands between each), or both and then carefully packing the package and traveling by bus or automobile/truck/van & driving sensibly (and, if you DO happen to get pulled over, not giving LEO probable cause to search and not voluntarily allowing a search)... And you'll most likely be fine. An RV would also be a good choice for transportation, because the search & seizure laws are slightly different (if I remember correctly, behind the seats sort of constitutes your domicile).

Or you could just seal it up real good (as above would be best), stick in an appropriate box, tape it securely - and send it via one of the usual shipping companies. That works for hotels, too, just send it to yourself in care of blah blah blah, maybe add "Attention: Hold for pickup at front desk." It helps if you've reserved your room in advance, I suppose, but that's not technically necessary (or wasn't 27 years ago).

Legally, it's against federal statute to cross state lines when in possession of a "controlled substance" unless you're one of the (literal) handful of people who got accepted into the federal (crappy) cannabis program decades ago, and I don't even know if any of those folks are still alive.
That doesn't mean you get caught, lol. One of the various commercial "odor-proof" bags (sponsor Mars-Hydro sells them), vacuum bag/alcohol wash/another vacuum seal bag /another wash (carefully cleaning your hands between each), or both and then carefully packing the package and traveling by bus or automobile/truck/van & driving sensibly (and, if you DO happen to get pulled over, not giving LEO probable cause to search and not voluntarily allowing a search)... And you'll most likely be fine. An RV would also be a good choice for transportation because the search & seizure laws are slightly different (if I remember correctly, behind the seat sort of constitutes your domicile).
Or you could just seal it up real good (as above would be best), stick in an appropriate box, tape it securely - and send it via one of the usual shipping companies. That works for hotels, too, just send it to yourself in care of blah blah blah, maybe add "Attention: Hold for pickup at the front desk." It helps if you've reserved your room in advance, I suppose, but that's not technically necessary (or wasn't 27 years ago).

I think there could be a lot of problems with transportation. My friends always choose special shuttles and transportation companies' services.

Okay, so I travel out of state every now and then. I do NOT want to break any laws. I find out, when getting my card that you can't bring anything out of state etc. I am so used to travelling with all my meds, and assumed this would be one of them. I get insomnia even worse when I travel.

What are the options to acquire med mj when in another state? I go to Nevada mainly....but got a flight for a christmas gift for anywhere.

Just thinking ahead here, any suggestions (legal options) will be much appreciated.
My mental magic carpet is how i travel.With feet firmly on the ground were gravity cannot kill me.

Back
Top Bottom