How does my first grow look so far?

Edward Scissorhash

This is my first grow.

strain: 6x barneys farm critical kush 100% indica feminized seeds

lighting:400w mh with perfect hood that covers the room good. it is about 1 ft from plants.

medium: 50% happy frog 50% ocean forest plus added extra worm castings, blood meal, bone meal, epsom salt, and dolomite lime.

nutes: fox farm grow big. only fed them once so far as of these pictures.

water: reverse osmosis and i dilute in some molasses which also contains some potassium

started with rooting plugs, then transplanted those to solo cups, then i just transplanted those into 5 gallon buckets ( in the future i plan on switching to 1-3 gal before 5 gal. im just trying to water them strategically i guess for now lol)

they are 22 days old from seedling sprout.

my goal in this grow is to train 6 of these plants to fill a 3.5 x 4 ft room with scrog.

i tried to fim 5 a couple days ago. i didnt want to top/fim my 6th because it topped itself naturally and was already behind.

i believe 2-3 of my fim were successful and the other 2 were too low and were just normal tops. this is the only high stress training i plan on doing since the results of LST have seemed to be working very fast.

ive been pinning my 6 plants down in certain locations to LST, after a couple days of trying to expose new bud shoots, they seem to be growing out from within quite well to where they can always get good lightning.

so pretty much, im just wondering how my grow is looking, i feel like i have everything under control, but i just want to make sure im not missing anything or if anyone has any advice on anything.

how much longer should I veg for to be able to get a screened canopy 3.5x4 ft full of buds with these 6 plants? i planned on 2 more weeks but i don't know when i should because they arent stretching at all, the internode spacing is super close, and i know they stretch the first couple weeks of budding and i feel like i could use that stretching now to help training because its pretty difficult to arrange these fat indica leaves away from covering all the lower bud/shoot sites

even tho in pics the plants look upright, they are all tied down flat

zzz33.png

166bv4i.jpg

jag94l.jpg

2eyl6yh.jpg

1604zs2.jpg

ws175.jpg

Hi tmcraig92.

:welcome: to :420:!

I think your plants look great! I love the LST your doing and suspect it will prove beneficial down the road. I think the rule of thumb in determining the proper scrog ratio is the prior to flipping to 12/12 your plants should fill 50-60% of the screen. Since you have 6 plants, you won't need to let them veg a lot longer before they will do that. Maybe another 30 days at most if these are only 22 days since sprout.

Great job and again Welcome to the site and community of members that gathers here!

Looking to be off to a good start! :thumb: I have a few things you might like, some things you can add, my favorite single thing to add is AZOMITE,it's 70+ trace minerals, it's very useful for plant health and 100% organic, it's great for heading off defiencies,adds great flavor to the final product you can look it up online,many farmers worldwide swear by it, it's pretty cheap last a long time,I don't know if any of our sponsors carry it I guess I need to research that, you can just scratch some into the top of the soil, or dissolve it in a tea,witch brings me to my next suggestions earthworm castings ,the most perfect fertilizer made by thecreatures that nature intended to make fertilizer! You can get it thru sponsors here I'm pretty sure, you can mix it into the soil and make tea with it that will be teeming with beneficial microbes, a good recipe is take an old sock or sticking,paint strainer bag whatever,add a cup or 2 of ewc and a couple tbps AZOMITE, dangle it in a 5 gallon bucket of water you'll need a cheap airline and airstones and a pump, cheapos from wallyz work,or better stuff from sponsors, add a little sugar blackstrap molasses is the best, let that bubble 24 hours and you have plant ambrosia, you should see a noticeable improvement in a day,any extra can be left to bubble another day,but at a max of 72 hrs I recommend pouring off into a jug and refrigerating till you need it again, this concoction will not burn or stress the plants,
In fact they will love it, and you don't change a thing with your regular feeding,you can even add your food to this tea right before feeding, you may find you need less food,
Anyway hope this interests you and welcome to 420mag have a great grow!:thumb:

AZOMITE,it's 70+ trace minerals, it's very useful for plant health and 100% organic, it's great for heading off defiencies,adds great flavor to the final product you can look it up online,many farmers worldwide swear by it, it's pretty cheap last a long time,I don't know if any of our sponsors carry it I guess I need to research that, you can just scratch some into the top of the soil, or dissolve it in a tea

earthworm castings ,the most perfect fertilizer made by thecreatures that nature intended to make fertilizer! You can get it thru sponsors here I'm pretty sure, you can mix it into the soil and make tea with it that will be teeming with beneficial microbes, a good recipe is take an old sock or sticking,paint strainer bag whatever,add a cup or 2 of ewc and a couple tbps AZOMITE, dangle it in a 5 gallon bucket of water you'll need a cheap airline and airstones and a pump, cheapos from wallyz work,or better stuff from sponsors, add a little sugar blackstrap molasses is the best, let that bubble 24 hours and you have plant ambrosia, you should see a noticeable improvement in a day,any extra can be left to bubble another day,but at a max of 72 hrs I recommend pouring off into a jug and refrigerating till you need it again, this concoction will not burn or stress the plants,
In fact they will love it, and you don't change a thing with your regular feeding,you can even add your food to this tea right before feeding, you may find you need less food,

actually when i went to my local hydro store i was planning on getting azomite but he didnt know what i was talking about lol. I will buy azomite online for my next grow, ive read alot of great things about it.

i got 15 lbs earthworm castings mixed into my 5 gal buckets.

so as far as the bubbler goes, ur bubbling out the nutrients from the castings while it is submerged makin plant tea/food?
if i remember right on my ewc bag it did say .1% nitrogen soluble and .9% nitrogen in the rest comin to 1-0-0

azomite is soluble? that would be great to mix tiny amounts of it to all my water i give my plants

Im thinking the bubbler is for the beneficial bacteria from the worm castings you are brewing in that mix, no o2 no good bacteria.
O2 for your roots is always good and bubbling is a good way to remove chlorine from your tap water also, which must be done prior to brewing any teas as chlorine will kill bacteria good and bad.

Back
Top Bottom