How does my setup look?

ripkec

First time grower. Will this setup work for starters. I know I'll need to make something bigger. Does the plant look healthy? Planted Jan 25
Thank you.

IMG_25077.JPG

IMG_25096.JPG

I'm a beginner myself, but your plants looks VERY small if that picture is fresh. My babies went past that stage during week 1. They too are planted at mid-January (all 5 had sprouted at 15th) and they look by now totally different from yours.
Maybe the experts can tell if it's because I have a 400W HPS and you a few ESL's.

First of all, Welcome to 420 magazine!
Like Wiz said.
I'd take it out of that bin too.
You don't want to have tin foil reflecting light onto a plant so young.
As a matter of fact you don't want to have tin foil reflecting light onto any plant.
It creates hotspots that can burn the plant.
It would probably do better just on the floor, with the fan further away, just tickling it enough to stimulate stronger branching.
Try not to over water, let it dry right out before watering again.

There are so many other factors to consider before anyone can offer any more advice.
-What are your temps?
-What is your RH?
-What water are you using, tap, distilled, RO?
-What's in your soil mix?
-Have you fertilized the plant at all?
etc..

Greatest place to start is here.. How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know
do some reading, and maybe start a grow journal, stating everything about your setup so people can offer sound advice..

hope this was of some help!

I'd like to add getting a proper pH meter. I neglected this step in the beginning and on day 18 was wondering why my babies were so stunted. Finally received my pH meter today and the water I've been using measured in at 8.5. Yowza! No wonder they were stunted. Needless to say, I gave them a bath immediately in a 5.8 solution to hopefully bring it down to an optimal level. But I just wanted to add that pH is very important, especially as they grow because it will lock out many of your nutrients. Good luck on your grow!

Very Good point Boo..
I too can't stress enough the importance of knowing your water's PH.
PPM's too, but we don't want to over whelm the poor guy.. lol
First we gotta get that plant out of the Tanning bed she/he's in, then I think everything will be fine..

I'd like to add getting a proper pH meter. I neglected this step in the beginning and on day 18 was wondering why my babies were so stunted. Finally received my pH meter today and the water I've been using measured in at 8.5. Yowza! No wonder they were stunted. Needless to say, I gave them a bath immediately in a 5.8 solution to hopefully bring it down to an optimal level. But I just wanted to add that pH is very important, especially as they grow because it will lock out many of your nutrients. Good luck on your grow!
Are you testing Ph in the water or the soil?
I test my water with drops/color chart kit, I also test my soil, BUT the soil readings have never been close. It's a cheap $15 gauge, I was dropping my water to correct the soil based on this soil gauge, but stopped and just set the water and ignore the Ph of the soil. ... It like my humidity gauges, they sit side by side and read vastly different.

Are you testing Ph in the water or the soil?
I test my water with drops/color chart kit, I also test my soil, BUT the soil readings have never been close. It's a cheap $15 gauge, I was dropping my water to correct the soil based on this soil gauge, but stopped and just set the water and ignore the Ph of the soil. ... It like my humidity gauges, they sit side by side and read vastly different.

Directly in the tap water and then I tested run off after I flushed. pH from flush was 6.5. So, I think I'm good as far as pH goes.

How's your plant doing ripkec?

Back
Top Bottom