How early can I take a clone?

goof1987

Back when i used to grow before i gave it up i always waited until close to flower time to clone now that im growing again i planted 2 seeds and 1 grew roots up and i didn't catch it in time and it died. I still want 2 plants so im wondering how early can i clone the other plant so that the clone and seeding will be as close to the same size as possible?

Once you get branches long enough to take for a clone it should be fine. The plant will defiantly be old enough by then. Branches should be long enough to have at least one preferably 2 nodes under the medium you use. Plus 3 nodes above. Taking clones smaller then this could reduce you success rate. Maybe wait tell the plant is tall enough to take the top portion for a clone and leave the lower section to bush out. I have never tried it but there is no reason it shouldn't work.

Yeah as far as I know they do. Survivability of clones has more to do with the quality of the clones then age. My last clones came from branches trimmed off for lolly popping early on. So they were no more then a month and a half from seed.

Back
Top Bottom