How Early - Male Pollinating Female

CoalCracker

Hello fellow growers. I am fast approaching my 60day veg mark with 2 of my plants. They look to be ready as they are showing early signs of sex. My Indica is showing clear signs of female (hooray!), but my Sativa Dominant is clearly different. These are yet to sprout any hairs and look more like very tiny sacs. They are currently only about 2/16". Yup very small so I am still hold out hope that it could be a female.

So...how early on do I have to worry about the male pollinating my female? Indica Dom(8" tall, 12" wide), Sativa Dom(11" tall, 8" wide). My flowering cabinet has plenty of room to keep them spaced apart to help stop any early pollinating.

I also read that males are more likely to shoot up straight and tall, but this plant being a Sativa dominant it would grow that way regardless(atleast in comparison with the Indica) right? I suppose I coudl be mistaken however and it may just be a male Indica which is why it grew up so tall and fast.... These plants sprouted only a few days apart. I will be posting some pics later tonight if I can of the alleged male/female signs for further examination. Thanks and happy growing!

Sativa Dominant(11/30/2012)
IMG_20121130_213048.jpg

Indica Dominant(11/30/2012)
IMG_20121130_213056.jpg

Yup it was a male. Didn't take nay chances being my first grow and he has been pulled. Hurt to do it and if I had another cabinet I could take him to flower I would have. Time to give my remaining ladies some extra love.

Back
Top Bottom