How far out do I fill my scrog

Ruff303

Hey guys , so first time doing scrog and tbh I think it’s ok so far but I’m wondering to I just do my normall weeks in veg so 4 weeks , or do I have to fill out this scrog more? Some plants bigger than the other so take up more room do I wait for the other to catch up first ? Also when do I take off everything below the scrog before flower or just into flower ?

Attachments

• 7A0F41AD-B4AB-447F-97FA-9F10EC6738F3.jpeg
    7A0F41AD-B4AB-447F-97FA-9F10EC6738F3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
  • 1F0BDDA9-08BE-4895-843C-911224F5142C.jpeg
    1F0BDDA9-08BE-4895-843C-911224F5142C.jpeg
    772.6 KB · Views: 129
  • E6268473-8F26-484B-948A-86B6218494CA.jpeg
    E6268473-8F26-484B-948A-86B6218494CA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
I would fill it up at least 80-90%. Check out my journals for some examples of scrog. I clean under the screen around day 7 of flower. I don't know how fast she's growing, but I'd say another 3 weeks of veg. Looks great!
Thanks man this is there 3rd week :) so just keep going yeah ?

I would fill it up at least 80-90%. Check out my journals for some examples of scrog. I clean under the screen around day 7 of flower. I don't know how fast she's growing, but I'd say another 3 weeks of veg. Looks great!
So just keep going to the left and right away from the light yeah ?

CO is right, more of a small sog in a big room. I would have either added more plants for a full sog, or spread the ones you do have further apart. You weave them through the screen until they all merge together creating a single canopy. The whole point of scrog is limit plant count, the most i consider to be a scrog is 4 plants, and even that would be like a 5'x5' area minimum. You're still good, you'll actually fill your screen faster, its just if you don't have to worry about plant count, you should probably just sog.
And I meant 3 more weeks of veg.

CO is right, more of a small sog in a big room. I would have either added more plants for a full sog, or spread the ones you do have further apart. You weave them through the screen until they all merge together creating a single canopy. The whole point of scrog is limit plant count, the most i consider to be a scrog is 4 plants, and even that would be like a 5'x5' area minimum. You're still good, you'll actually fill your screen faster, its just if you don't have to worry about plant count, you should probably just sog.
And I meant 3 more weeks of veg.
Okay mate so take them 6 weeks in total ok ... so what shall I do now then just work them through the best I can ? Can’t move the pots now off course

You need to move the pots. They are barely through the screen, it shouldn't be that hard. Its important to do it now, otherwise they will grow into themselves and will make training very difficult and take extra time.
Just be extra careful.

sog not scrog mate ? What am I doing wrong lol ?

Your not doing anything wrong my friend. To me you got a very nice SOG going. A SOG is multiple young pants that fill net. SCROG is more of one or a few plants you grown and use them to fill the net by weaving them out or training them out to fill net. here is a example of a scrog I hope you do not mind the pic. This is one plant in a 5x5 net
20140312_000926.jpg
20140531_020343.jpg

sog not scrog mate ? What am I doing wrong lol ?

Thing that jumps out the most to me is the fact that you're allowing growth above the screen. Kind of defeats the purpose if you're just going to use the "screen" as some kind of support net. Stuff all that back under the screen, lol, and move it to a more distant hole, instead. Encourage branching (and run less plants, FBR). Leave enough room under the screen to work with your plants and to do the training.

I hope those plants are clones from the same mother, so that you'll be able to harvest the entire screen at the same time. Otherwise, it'll likely be a RPITA. Doable, of course - but you wouldn't be able to simply cut the trunk and carry the entire screen in to the dining room and do your harvest work at the table, like you could if you grew one relatively large plant, instead.

For a good reference / reading material / history, do a web search for:
Code:
"cannastats - the scrog technique"

...with the quotation marks. Read the introduction, then follow the link to the download page and grab the scrogorama.zip file. "The ScrOG-O-Rama download is a collection of more than 130 threaded posts of questions and discussions on the ScrOG technique."

Actually, it should be acceptable to post a link, since that webpage is neither a cannabis forum or supported by advertisers. So I'll try that, but will leave the above directions about finding the page, yourself, so that you'll still be able to get to the information if an overzealous staff member shit-cans the link.

There is some other information on there, all - as far as I know - from the alt.drugs.pot.cultivation Usenet newsgroup from back in the day ('90s). Link to the main page is at the bottom, if I remember correctly.

If it is too hard to move the plants I don't want to see any ladies injured I see you have a over under weave going.. but hey looks good I read people say fill 70%, I am aiming for 85-90% and a second upper screen for final cola separation.

What technique would u use to wear them mate

I don't know tbh first net also but I started over under and was told by several to only pull them under net, wait till they grow a bit pull it under the net and put in a further out net hole.

I was under the same thinking as you but then someone said to me just use the ties to keep it in place like pipecleaners I use and then pull a tip down under and into another spot.

TBH I like the look of the over under and all naturally vineing plants go over under so idk

Back
Top Bottom