How gentle is gentle when trying to make full-melt?

TheFertilizer

I have read a bunch that to make full-melt bubble hash, you wanna use very gentle agitation on the very first run, and then on subsequent runs use rough agitation.

Well how gentle is "gentle"? So far I have not really been able to make full melt hash, and I'm not sure if I'm just being too rough on the first mix. I'm just sticking a spoon in there and stirring it as if it were a pot cooking on the stove. Should I be stirring as if it were a pot of nitroglycerin and I was worried about it exploding?

I haven't been disappointed with the quality, but it just doesn't seem that much better than the second run when I just beat the heck out of it so it kind of just feels like waste of time doing that gentle first run.

I go pretty rough.
45883849_10155666526962477_5901352358251593728_n.jpg

I can't really get great close-ups...

I checked with my 60x scope and I couldn't really tell much difference between my first run's 73 grade from my last run's 73 grade. I did the first one just stirring my paint-mixer by hand, the second one I hooked it up to the drill in the slow gear for 8 mins, and on the 3rd one I let it rip full speed for 15 minutes. Let's say that what you can see in the scope at one point is the "field of view", then I would have to span at least 5 field-of-views before ever seeing anything that wasn't a trichome and even then it was just a tiny anomoly among a sea of heads and stalks. I had to really look hard for a hint of anything green.

Yet despite that, it wasn't really full-melt. Left plenty of ashy residue behind. I guess it doesn't really matter to me since I don't really care to dab, and I can just mix it up with some weed if I wanna vaporize it. But just find it interesting I haven't been able to get that "full melt" yet.

Back
Top Bottom