How has Cannabis helped you?

For me I started using at about 15-16 brilliant I simply new nothing but wanted to try stuff like weed hash acid mushies an being young ended up with Brown then got a habit. With the habit I didnt want to smoke any more an I went right down hill , till I met the Mrs an I went on methadone.We went to India in 1992 for the first time an I used a lot of Opium ganja just seemed to make me Para.
However the short I went through shit but started to grow some good weed outdoors,an my mate who got me going was an ex meth user. In 2007 we were back in India an Gave up the meth swapping it for Opium in the place I go you can get ganja an Opium from the goverment bang shop:love:
so I started my road to recovery I am still on this road now but I am near thhe end and it is with the help of my Guru an some Ganja that I now started since last year , to grow upstairs in a small tent for me an the Mrs me to help me stay saine an for her , well she has M.S , wich has nearly been cuerd by natural options of wich Ganja is a big one . I thank my dear sweet Guru and my Lord Jaganatha that we are on the road to recovery hope I havent upset any one but Ganja for me has been a big lesson in life . I believe this plant could if our shadow goverment let us would single handedly clean up this planet an make good knew worck for lots of people
Ganja for me is the single favourite medicine of choice I Love Mary Jaine

The hardest thing for me when I reached my 30's was letting go of my own control. My mind is restrained from the daily grind of being a mule and going to work, the intricate system of lies society is built upon, the media, and government. It is still hard for me to let go. By "letting go" I mean relaxing and allowing my mind to explore the possibilities outside the puzzle. Often times our individual belief system needs to be challenged. We only allow those understandings, like puzzle pieces, to fit because it reinforces our current belief system. Any other possible "fit" is refused and discarded. We limit our understanding, and in a world we live in like today, it is easy for people like me to turn negative thoughts upon myself as someone who is outnumbered by all the wicked people doing so much damage in this world. I hate them, and become that hate. I become that which I despise and hate most about humanity; the abuse of power. What I thought was respect, as a young man growing up and getting even by intimidating others, was people avoiding me. I had to gain control from the abuse I received. I had to divert the guilt I had in my mind from that awful belief system called Catholicism. I still was not free.

To this day, I am intolerant of injustice. It doesn't matter whether it is an employer taking advantage of another employee, a lying politician, or any garden variety bullshit artist. I get in the fight when it is not mine, even in my own mind, and I find no peace. I cannot give up my principles, but I must be aware of the greater war, and concern myself less with winning the small battles. Cannabis encourages me to let go of my restricted mind, encourages my spirit to be free, return, and open my mind to the possibilities of any given situation. It allows me to see beyond my birth name, my role in society, what people have told me about myself, and see the similarities instead of differences in others. I am not trying to beat anyone out, I am simply trying to make it.

There is nothing mad about mike :bravo:

The hardest thing for me when I reached my 30's was letting go of my own control. My mind is restrained from the daily grind of being a mule and going to work, the intricate system of lies society is built upon, the media, and government. It is still hard for me to let go. By "letting go" I mean relaxing and allowing my mind to explore the possibilities outside the puzzle. Often times our individual belief system needs to be challenged. We only allow those understandings, like puzzle pieces, to fit because it reinforces our current belief system. Any other possible "fit" is refused and discarded. We limit our understanding, and in a world we live in like today, it is easy for people like me to turn negative thoughts upon myself as someone who is outnumbered by all the wicked people doing so much damage in this world. I hate them, and become that hate. I become that which I despise and hate most about humanity; the abuse of power. What I thought was respect, as a young man growing up and getting even by intimidating others, was people avoiding me. I had to gain control from the abuse I received. I had to divert the guilt I had in my mind from that awful belief system called Catholicism. I still was not free.

To this day, I am intolerant of injustice. It doesn't matter whether it is an employer taking advantage of another employee, a lying politician, or any garden variety bullshit artist. I get in the fight when it is not mine, even in my own mind, and I find no peace. I cannot give up my principles, but I must be aware of the greater war, and concern myself less with winning the small battles. Cannabis encourages me to let go of my restricted mind, encourages my spirit to be free, return, and open my mind to the possibilities of any given situation. It allows me to see beyond my birth name, my role in society, what people have told me about myself, and see the similarities instead of differences in others. I am not trying to beat anyone out, I am simply trying to make it.

Great post!

Your description fits where I'm heading, and perhaps a little bit of where I've been.

Anyway, I'm 22. I grew up in a horribly dysfunctional home, I mean god awful, one side deeply religious. To this day I don't hate/dislike Religion, I just hate the organized bullshit that has manifested in modern society. All those bullshit corrupt preachers make my blood boil, and the millions following them, makes me sick. What still hurts, is that I was one of them. I wanted to be the Iron gauntlet that crushed them. Part of me still does. Mostly I'm just happy that on good days I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Growing up I was a confused jerk, I had my religious grandfather for guidance( in a positive way). I was never violent, but Boy was I angry. The anger constantly consumed me, I had very little healthy guidance outside my grandfather. I was emotionally abused, I was the dirt under my parents boot sole. My grandfather died very young, when I was 11, and I sunk into a depression temporally. Idk what it was, perhaps a survival instinct, but after awhile I just moved on. Still not over his passing till this day. 4 or 5 years later, I was in high school and I was bullied unmercifully, my focus shifted. I stopped caring about education(a thing that I once loved, and after leaving high school I absolutely craved knowledge) and focused on trying to fit into a mold these bullies and losers at school wanted me to fit in. It never did work, and only made me hate myself and I unsuccessfully attempted suicide. One day I just went home from school and never went back. I had no direct intentions of dropping out, however I know in my heart of hearts, that If I stayed, I wouldn't be here today.

Getting help was considered weakness for a long time in my family, it was embedded in me. I was perpetually suffering in silence. For 5 years I sat in my house rotting away, every bridge burned to and from society. Growing up I didn't have one single good friend. I forced myself to hang around people that treated me like dirt, in hopes they would one day see the greatness inside. It never came. Till this day I don't have a friend. I only advice that I practiced was from a former teacher. "whatever you do in life, never stop reading" Through the depression, anxiety and loneliness, came a pinhole of light. My heart was melted, I was no longer a jerk. I had so much love to give, and no one to give to. My transformation enabled me to become loyal,loving, honest and compassionate. I became everything I read about and loved in the world, from MLK to Ghandi etc etc. Over those 5 years I read read read, and educated myself. I think I'm a very intelligent person, that had a god awful start to life, and is still struggling to live again. Over the 5 years, I seen a doctor of course. I tried so many different brand names of Prozac, wellbutrin(spelling), and two other drugs(I can't recall the names). Nothing worked, they all had horrible side effects. I began reading heavily into the medical qualities of cannabis. I was conviced I had found my saving grace. I was sparked with enthusiasm, something that I had all but thought died. I got the courage to leave my house, and went to see my doctor again(after giving up hope) and asked about medical cannabis. He laughed in my face and said something extremely baffling. He said I hadn't tried enough methods of "healing". I was seriously about to implode. I left feeling despair I'd never experienced. A few years later I overcame the fear of prison/punishment and honestly thought about my future, and how I wouldn't want to exist in my current condition(no friends, no social interaction, depressed, lonely and with a severe anxiety disorder).

I lived with my family up until about a year ago(still live with a parent, just not my complete immediate family). I finally was able to slip out of my perpetual depression after my parents officially split a couple months ago, and the "War all the time" situation dissipated and I'm now in a situation to try and get my life back on track. Still suffering from the depression, anxiety and loneliness, but there are good days at least. Days where I get out of my house and get to see the sun, days where I don't contemplate suicide. I can't tell you how hard it is to fight off the thoughts, they go on but they are so damn old. I started growing cannabis for the medical qualities months back. I get bag weed once in awhile, to help me stay calm, although it's pretty much garbage. I exhausted every single option to try to do my grow legally, but the doctors in my region of Canada are George W Bush retarded. People on this very site are more educated in the medical properties found in cannabis, then my local doctors. It's a damn shame, it's inhumane for people to suffer through this without aid from a doctor.

So as of now, I'm trying to build bridges back into society(extremely difficult, literally having no one my life that gives a damn about me). Waiting for my grow to finish. Like I mentioned before I came into a super high quality strain called Cinderella 99, and it really changed my life. For 4 months (I couldn't find anymore) I was functioning outside in society, I didn't hate myself and Loved life. It all went away once It ran out. I'm banking my future on the fact that the strains I chose to grow will help alleviate my depression and anxiety. If not, who knows, I'll try another strain. All I know is that from tragedy spawns Greatness, and sometimes even happiness. Perhaps It'll apply to me!

I like so many others smoked street weed for years & thought I always had pretty good stuff. Well, then I was introduced to medical grade weed (after getting registered) for my diabetic neuopothy in my legs and feet.
Let me say that for several years before using mmj I was pretty much chair bound. I could not stand, let alone walk for more than a minuet or so at a time.
It took a while, but I noticed as I increased my daily use the pain and burning was decreasing. I started traveling a GREAT distance to buy from a dispensary and paid a great deal of money, but I found mmj will STOP the neuropothy in it's tracks.
This year I was able to grow my own truly organic crop and I've extracted the oil out of some of my fan leaves. A good deal of it, (there's plenty) I made into capsuals which I keep in the freezer. 3 caps a day has totally stopped the pain and burning, now I only have some dead spots in my feet, and ugly legs. lol
I'm a 57yr. old man who has seen his share of the ugly underbelly of life and lived in #6-8 pain levels 24/7 for more years than I remember. Nothing! Nothing, has worked for phantom pains in my arm from blowing my hand off. The Last best thing was METHADONE.
Don't you just love Dr.'s? I asked why methadone & I was told cuz it's Cheep. I'm on state insurance & ssi. Not SSDI, ssi. That's another example of how our Gov. is doing us up the butt, but I'll post that one another time.
Now, I have gotten my dosage down to just 5mg. a day, and in 2 weeks I'm DONE! I've been taking a real slow reduction in my dosages. once a month, I cut back 5mg. It's taken a loooong time, but not one withdrawl symptom that bothered me.
MMJ hasn't taken the pain away from my arm, but it has made it manageable now and almost without opiates. You all can believe as you please, but with Jesus Christ and Medical Marijuana, I have a LIFE again.
I'm not going to say it's for everyone, but if you suffer long and hard enough, you give ANYTHING a try. My advise for anyone is try it. It can't hurt you and like me, it just may be the miracle you need to give YOU the quality back in your life.
As my luck has it, lol on top of that, I also have Hep C. Oh Boy. I'll be starting the interferon, ribavirin & whatever in 13 days. I'm not ashamed to say, I'm a bit fearful of the side affects, but I'm on the edge and if I don't do it now, I just as well give up, & I'm not a quitter. I have Grand Kids! :) Good thing I had a good year & have what I hope will be enough to carry me through to next harvest. Green Gods be with me! lol
The Good Folks here have been Very helpful, which I deeply appretiate.
Thank You Everybody
gloman

Holy crap! There is a clone of me walking around out there!

This is why I am super-hero 4n20 Blackbird. My mission: To slickly go out and kick the asses of dishonest congressman and senators. My sidekick is Sparrow.

Both you guys have amazing story’s,Glomans story is a wonderful testament to the med of MMJ like my wife who suffers M.S for the last 13 years has found she didnt need the Morphine tincture they gave her for emergency pain , thankfully she found out through a friend it would work better than the Opiate shit these F*****S love to ove prescribe over in the U.K as well, so she found when her pains would come if she had a ready made joint then there was no need for the sister Morphine.
Since that day we have tried to kick out all of the doctors shit she will be better in so many ways if we could have a really good and constant supply of Ganja them she would be so much better I started to grow for the first time since 1993 , but indoors this time I simply dont have enough room to keep up a constant supply of meds for her but when its around she is far better ,,,,,, Thanks for that post gloman it was inspiring I am writing this very jet lagged still from our Indian journey, !! Thing is most folks would say that taking an older lady to India is a no no but for her she can get about far easier because of the government Bang shop which sell weed the proof is in the plant but no one wants to see it they have made our fav plant into a paedophile!!!! I use this word because once a person is called that then they will always be tainted even if they are innocent , it has done the damage and the name stays for MMJ the done the film Reefer Madness and that was the same as calling a guy a paedophile an she still has this handle even when so many of us no and understand what an asset it is to so many even to the point that we now no she can save the planet as well as cancer
MMJ for me and my wife has given us a knew life even tnough like others I smoked when younger an onwards but it was only over these last 3 years that we have realised that she is a life changer for the good of all people.
Plus like you 4N20Blackbirds I also like to fight for the rights of our folks that are being totally F****D up by the all caring government, I refuse to lay down while the screw my Mrs and try to shove there Junk into our system
Thanks $and20 & Gloman great story’s

its made me a better person, no lie. I thinking clearer, I no longer drink or take over the counter drugs, Ive made some incredible friendships and ive found my passion in growing.

I use cannabis oil for sleeping, have done that daily for the last 3 years. The best and only thing that gives me a solid nights sleep. I have used mj for the past 40+ years, mostly just to keep life on the quirky side. Luckily I have been healthy and the only negative side affect has been the incredible appetite it gives me (40 lbs over weight). These stories I have just read, too bad they can't be shared with the brain washed people in power. I am ashamed of our politicians......
The Soviet.....I was touched by your fight...hang in there, we can't loose an intelligent person like you. I am from Canada also.
One of my oldest friends died tonight...had cancer for last two years. He finished his chemo treatments and they were giving him some kind of a pill.I was giving him the oil. Shortly after being on the pill he got stomach cramps, took him to the hospital. I don't know what the pill was (said it was about $175 each). Some of side affects of pill I was told was it could cause holes in stomach. I wish he didn't choose to take the chemo, we could of beat it with the oil, I am convinced. It's what it is.

So sorry about your friend. It really is a shame that the powers that be care so little about the people who keep them in power.
Pills and chemicals make money. All herb does is help people, but it steps on the toes of the big $$$$ industries.
Soon things will change everywhere, and everybody will be able to enjoy the benefits of this herb.
Again, sorry for your loss

Quite simply...QUALITY OF LIFE. My heart truly goes out to you all. For me....5 bad discs,arthritis in my back,torn acl/mcl 3 times in my right knee,damaged nerve and so on. I spent years taking meds and they nearly killed me. Took my own advise and trusted a plant more than i trust doctors. Today i get around ok and my outlook has made a profound difference in how i am able to live. And that is something that no pill can do. Fricken synthetics! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the human body rejects everything of a foreign nature.

Soviet man
you sound like one lovely guy who was in an is in a hol heap of shit I pray that you try to rid yourself of suicidale thoughts an grow the strain that suits you for you maybe a Sativa dominat strain as it is more of an up high an the Indica dominant are downer high,s but I know in my heart you will get there
My friend I will gladly be your mate Iam a lot older but I have the mind of a kid so stay with 420 an stay happy I have my wife who is very ill but she is getting better again slowly come aboard an start a grow journal :circle-of-love:to you my friend you are never alone when in 420 world an 420 folk,s are great support as I have found thank,s to many 420 folk,s I am able to live a happier life as for Ganja its the best thing on our green planet

I have temporal lobe epilepsy. After many years of various kinds of standard epilepsy medications, none of which were very effective and all of which caused bad side effects, I tried Cannabis. A few sprays of a concentrated Cannabis tincture under my tongue stops a seizure in its tracks. I no longer take any of the big pharma drugs.

I've smoked MJ for 50 yrs recreational & have used Cannabis Concentrated Oil for almost 2 yrs (which btw made the biggest medical achievements). It has regulated blood pressure levels, sugar levels, much improved circulation, pain free, lost 38lbs, no coughing (in fact lungs feel like a new set and after smoking cigs for 50 yrs my last annual checkup was the best in over 20 yrs when my chest ex-rays came back crystal clear). After 4 heart attacks (2 of them in the last 4 yrs, lower aneurysm, severe food poisoning & a accelerated heart rate of 290 for 1 1/2 hrs I was on my death bead.The oil heals wounds in astounding speed, takes away gingivitis, acme, indigestion, nausea and builds your immune system ( have not been sick since starting the oil regiment). My Wife's migraines have disappeared completely (had at least 1 major migraine a week), severe allergies & arthritis is also gone or very minor (mild allergies on windy days), had her clothes tailored 3 times this year loosing the hard to loose fat for women, thighs & butt boobs while for me its was the life preserver around the waist. The truly amazing thing the concentrated oil does is give you a 'well being' feeling of excellent health...all on its own. Working out and exercising and eating properly gets to be your new addiction in life and honestly their is no better feeling of good health. I've witnessed healing Cancer, helping in Parkinsons, Aids, Gout, Severe depression, panic attacks, PTSD, Asthma and my mind has gone blank...I'm too lazy to find my charts...lolol. I mentioned other things besides myself so if anyone reading it might help them. Peace

@blak...try dosing on the gums during the day with a good sativa strain and you will feel energetic through the day (add some harlequin to your daytime for no pain) and in about 2-3 wks the appetite disappears...then you can use the same strain for sleep by swallowing. The difference is night and day dosing properly. Gum method you can tell what the oil heals as opposed to swallowing. None the less oil is the only med one needs. Gum during the day, swallow @ night is a powerful 1-2 combo.

Back
Top Bottom