How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

I don't let the apical go up until I'm close to flipping, and then I let them all get to the same height. Or when the plant will be too wide to fit through the door :). Pulling the lowers down shouldn't need skewers, just binder clips (or grommets). And that's only needed if you're doing a long enough veg to allow that inner growth to get sizeable as well before you flip.

and then I let them all get to the same height.
How, by letting the apical go? I guess I have to experience what happens to see how I need to adjust. So at this point there's nothing you do to the fans or the lowers? Just let them do the thang?

@MrSauga Don’t remember if you mentioned this or not, but you don’t want leaves touching the dirt. So when you go over to get aquatinted with your neighbor‘s new dog, pick up some flat rock to put under the leaves.
:ganjamon:
Haha, I do use the rocks to keep them supported. I have nightmares if I don't. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night to make sure the gnats haven't moved them. :)
Any that you see touching in the pics were from me trying to get an angle. They all get adjusted before I close up.
:thanks:

I don't know if I can get it any lower without snapping.
Since I have mostly had very low plants, my LST usually starts when the plants have gotten a bit of girth to the stem - only then are they tall enough to start. Thus I sometimes struggled with the bending. However I've found that by repeating the bending motion, almost "massaging" the stem around the bend, it will bend easier and easier without breaking as it gets a little softer. I'm not sure whether it can cause any undue stress, but it seems to work fine here.

Of course, you know this - mentioning it so others can try it if they dare :)

Of course, you know this - mentioning it so others can try it if they dare :)
Thanks Cosmos. This was my first time doing it so it's really a hands on thing. I learned quickly I started too soon and probably should have tried with sativa's first. They look like they'll be fine as I don't have to bend them anymore but your advice is good and makes sense.

This was my first time doing it so it's really a hands on thing.
That's one of the things I enjoy with the training, it's a hands on relationship with your plants. Makes me feel a connection to them, getting to know them better and influencing their growth directly as the LST is adjusted. Great fun!

Hey all :ciao:

mew got back from our camping trip last night and came home to findour garden pretty beat up from a crazy storm that came through while we were away. Lots to tend to! All my cannabis looks good though!

so I think it’s about time to train these two blueberries. They’re 10” and 11” high with five or six nodes. I’m thinking that I should start the bend above the first true leaf set (just the single leaf node). Anyone wanna offer suggestions?

8EEA7386-894C-44D5-83FF-FE6CD9A90229.jpeg
22154F62-E05C-4EF3-A4CF-CD986CD459D0.jpeg
B6F5DBDC-849F-4A55-9E5F-A829322E6021.jpeg

so I think it’s about time to train these two blueberries. They’re 10” and 11” high with five or six nodes. I’m thinking that I should start the bend above the first true leaf set (just the single leaf node). Anyone wanna offer suggestions?
I'd recommend between the second and third nodes, so around 5½-6" off the soil. The plants will be much more flexible there and you will be able to get the top lower.

@WTM I think they look pretty good. I like the shape of the rock with the white pipe cleaners better than the one with the pink. The one with the white is more round and to me looks like it would be a better guide to give you a bend radius that isn’t too sharp.

Hey growers, this is my first hands on grow attempt and I have tried some fimming, topping, micro topping and lst. Once I found this tutorial I got my fabric bags up to allow air flow and tried to arrange the grow tips to be lower.
I would love some feedback on my plants, please. Should I drop the pic here too, most recent pics are in my signature?

Yes you should always drop pics wherever you go XD...
If you ask me anyways.
:laughtwo: Done!

These are from yesterday
4 Lemon Sapphire about 9 weeks or 65 days from seed

Thank you!

Nice green plants. I like your style of training. You even super cropped. :high-five: Got the binder clips and everything there.

Back
Top Bottom