How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

If it's an auto you might not have that kind of time though.
Well that's kinda why my first question was about nodes or height. Mine will be autos. I'll get a pic of the one tomorrow on here. The other one may me a SPOG® so I won't do anything with it.
I've gone thru most of this journal twice and yet I still feel the need to ask questions. Security I guess.

Hey guys. I'm doing LST for the first time so I read this thread pretty thoroughly then tried it on my 3w old girls. I used hemp wick to tie them down. The closest has been topped but the others have not. Let me know what you think
20200417_165104.jpg
20200417_165121.jpg
20200417_165114.jpg

Hey guys. I'm doing LST for the first time so I read this thread pretty thoroughly then tried it on my 3w old girls. I used hemp wick to tie them down. The closest has been topped but the others have not. Let me know what you think
Looks like you're well on your way to getting the top lower than the lowers, but is there any chance we can get white light pics? Also, have you supported the trunk where it comes out of the soil? It's hard to tell from the pics.

Looks like you're well on your way to getting the top lower than the lowers, but is there any chance we can get white light pics? Also, have you supported the trunk where it comes out of the soil? It's hard to tell from the pics.
Here are some better pics. no they weren't supported but i since used the rock method. I didnt use any rocks on the one thats been topped because it feels pretty sturdy and it has 4 main colas making it pretty even.
20200417_194336.jpg
20200417_194422.jpg

I pulled the leaves back so you could see where i stopped trimming the nodes
20200417_194505.jpg

So since i topped this one i don't need to bend it right? Im just trying to keep the center of the plant open and give the colas their space?
Thanks shed

Here are some better pics. no they weren't supported but i since used the rock method. I didnt use any rocks on the one thats been topped because it feels pretty sturdy and it has 4 main colas making it pretty even.
I pulled the leaves back so you could see where i stopped trimming the nod
So since i topped this one i don't need to bend it right? Im just trying to keep the center of the plant open and give the colas their space?
Thanks shed
Much better pics! My only suggestion is that, on the smaller one, you put a bbq stick or something into the soil and tie the branch straight down rather than giving is that much pull to the side at this stage.

What kind of plants are they? Autos or photos?
So since i topped this one i don't need to bend it right?
When I top, I make sure the top node is laid flat to encourage the growth of the middle. But you wouldn't be bending the plant itself.

Hey @InTheShed. I felt obliged to make an account just to say thanks for such a detailed and informative guide on LST. I've spent the last couple of weeks looking through countless journals/videos/guides and yours has been like finding a gold mine so thanks again! ✌

Hey @InTheShed. I felt obliged to make an account just to say thanks for such a detailed and informative guide on LST. I've spent the last couple of weeks looking through countless journals/videos/guides and yours has been like finding a gold mine so thanks again! ✌
:thanks: WreckLoose! I'm glad that this was helpful, and :welcome: to the 420mag website. Stick around this place and you will find a bunch of helpful people and some great information. If you have any questions as you go, post them here or in my perpetual journal.

Or you can make your own grow journal (instructions here) and drop a link to it in my perpetual so folks will see it.

Good luck with the grow!

what do you think?
do i need to tighten the ropes when it adjust to his new position?
Going slowly is a lot safer than breaking it! I'd say it looks great. My only thought is to raise the low tie so it's just above the first node (if you can squeeze it in there) rather than below the cotyledons.

Once you do that you will be able to get that top a bit lower as it grows. No need to rush it from here, just a bit every day as it grows.

You have got that plant in the proper position :thumb:
Now to watch the simple magic of bending a plant for some impressive growth.:morenutes:
Happy last day of 4/20 @InTheShed
And rest of 420 community.

Hey @InTheShed! I started some LST last night and thought I'd share on this thread too. Thanks again for the guide, it made it so much easier than expected. I read everything a couple of times over and used your first pic of the Blue Treacle as a template. Let me know what you think, and what I can do better. :thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_20200505_114551.jpg
    IMG_20200505_114551.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200505_114419.jpg
    IMG_20200505_114419.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 53
Hey @InTheShed! I started some LST last night and thought I'd share on this thread too. Thanks again for the guide, it made it so much easier than expected. I read everything a couple of times over and used your first pic of the Blue Treacle as a template. Let me know what you think, and what I can do better. :thumb:
Looks great WL! Now work on getting that top flat or you won't be forcing the plant to redistribute the growth hormones. It still knows it has a top!

Hello @InTheShed and everybody! This really helpfull I just started doing LST on my girl. But it looks really crowded with the fan leaves. Would you advise to cut the leaves ? Would that slow her growth? Thank you!

Sorry for blurple pics :(

Attachments

• 6D7DD290-45C7-4BD5-B145-335296646134.jpeg
    6D7DD290-45C7-4BD5-B145-335296646134.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 158012D1-3D02-4803-A810-773E7C371F85.jpeg
    158012D1-3D02-4803-A810-773E7C371F85.jpeg
    975.8 KB · Views: 32
  • A812E661-A7AA-4E6D-83F2-4BCDAF554C30.jpeg
    A812E661-A7AA-4E6D-83F2-4BCDAF554C30.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
Looks great WL! Now work on getting that top flat or you won't be forcing the plant to redistribute the growth hormones. It still knows it has a top!

Thanks Shed! It surprised me how quick they bounce back and straighten up again. Those pics were taken just a few hours after they were completely flat. I'm now training them at least once a day to keep them flat. I counted 10 new tops on each of them, so my efforts aren't going unnoticed. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom