How I perform low stress training on my plants: Lots of pics!

I've just discovered your tutorial and at first glance I think I've more or less imitated your method but now I'm unsure of how to proceed. If you could, please check out the latest post in my grow journal -- in particular, I'm not sure how long to continue tying down the various stems.

thanks!

Off-Grid Spring-Fed Hillbilly CBD Greenhouse

I've just discovered your tutorial and at first glance I think I've more or less imitated your method but now I'm unsure of how to proceed. If you could, please check out the latest post in my grow journal -- in particular, I'm not sure how long to continue tying down the various stems.
thanks!
What you want to do is keep the apical stem lower than the rest of the growth (and I do mean lower, not just bent down) until the lower growth catches up. You can keep tying down new growth to allow for more lowers to grow, but with an outside grow they will be going into flower soon. In that case you might want to just let it grow up and strong, as you may not have time for many lowers to catch up.

I'm back with a few pics of the photoperiod plant I am doing LST on. This is the It's It Punch pictured on the previous page, that I needed to keep low as it's a major stretcher. Here it is this morning:

And here is the bent main trunk:

Almost all of the growth in the top two pics are branches off the trunk above. Nothing has been topped, though the leaders have been supercropped here and there.

So...works for photoperiods too!

Thanks for the update Shed. I found this tutorial a couple of months ago & was just reading it again. Glad to see that you're keeping it alive with updates. :thumb:

I'm on my first grow of two autos, and today I thought it was time to start the LST. @MrSauga advised me to talk LST here, so here I am :)

It has to be the clumsiest of LSTs... with bad tie downs, very bushy plants with big shadowing leaves, and not least me being reluctant to pull too hard on the branches. Details and pictures are in my grow journal here. I fear this LST is ineffective. Should I be more aggressive? What about the big shadowing leaves? Perhaps it's fine to pull a bit more on the branches as they grow?

P.S. I did not place the pictures here, since this is InTheShed's thread. I'm not sure what's considered best; linking to the journal with pics, or post them right here?

Edit: OK - InTheShed posted in my journal, so I guess it's OK to post pointers to journals here then.

I asked this question in my journal, but might as well do it here, right in the LST knowledge thread.

Is there a certain time in the plants' life cycle when the LST tie down should be removed and no more manipulation is necessary or advisable?

Hang tite NC... Shed's recovering from a minor repair down low. He'll respond back as soon as he can I'm sure. Unfortunately I can't help you on this as I've never done LST.

Back
Top Bottom