How is this soil mix?

noobie97

I was going to use 25% organic humus and manure, 25% peat moss, 25%vermiculite, and 25% perlite. Then add some bone meal, and pelletized lime.

It's going to be for a 12 plant sog grow with ak-48 clones.

My first thought is that it might stay a bit wet, but that shouldn't be a problem if you watch it closely. Make sure you check and ammend your ph before you germinate, and that your manure is composted and not treated w/any chemicles to kill off deseases or pests.

Sounds like you could have used some soil in that mix. Also, the vermiculite and perlite ratios seem a bit high. Neither of these soil ammendments should comprise 1/4 of the mix.

Manure will burn your plants bro, you need soil and mix it very well.
At least 50 to 75% soil. Besides that it is a good mix.

Urdedpal said:
Manure will burn your plants bro, you need soil and mix it very well.
At least 50 to 75% soil. Besides that it is a good mix.

It's composted manure, the npk is .05-.05-.05, I think it's more for micro and macronutrients.

I've heard of soilless mixtures before, and this came to mind when I was getting soil. The drainage is good, it's looks like good soil. I guess I'll have to wait to find out.

Could still burn plants bro. You can use it, just in small quantities but it needs to be mixed very well with dirt (soil). Why do you want to do a soiless mix?

It was seemed like the best option that I had available. I couldn't find any good organic pre-mixes. There was organic miracle gro, but I'm assuming that this is a better mix then that.

The clones seem to like it alot, I see no problems so far. pH is at a stable 7.

Back
Top Bottom