How large should tops be before flip?

Sonman

Hi, I'm a noob on my first grow. It is 6 week in now an I put in 3 plants in dwc. They are almost pure indica . California hash plant and CBD shark shock. Plants are doing well. I broke off a few pieces learning to LST but plants recovered well. I'm sure I stunted them a few times. The plant are so excessive bushy. I'm trying to top and LST similar to scrog. I removed all the lower node tops that will never get light and defoliate to keep light on the tops. I figure I'm a few weeks from flip and need some advice. The tops don't have much veg below them. I have 12 tops on my CHP , about 10 on one cbd and 4 on the smaller. The thing is the nodes are so close together I trying my best to pull them apart to a canopy. So here is my question. My tops currently have next to nothing below them, maybe a bit too close together. How much should I let them grow upwards to get decient colas?. Or should I just keep going sideways to build a larger canopy for more smaller budsites and flip? Or just let what I have grow up 6-10 nodes straight up and flip? I'm in a 3x3 tent. I could let them grow up and pull them all over again. However I'm not sure if I should be focusing on big colas or more tops. And I'm running 2 meizhi 450 lights in a 15 gal tote.
Thanks for any advice :)
Image-14.jpg Edited for better pic ;)

Back
Top Bottom