How long can I veg for?

sully508

ive been veg'n for 5 weeks but dont want to flower yet. due to cold temps.
12 off we'll be using electric heat. they're 10 inches and have 4 nodes now.
id like to keep on 18/6 till it gets a little warmer.
what are the possible set backs with a 10 week veg? beside size.
i just always veged till 5/6 weeks before flowering.
never veged this long.:smokin:

AKGreen thanks man. thats what i thought. but just never did it before.
so they'll be veg'n til march i guess. that would be 4 months veg. wow.
i better transplant these fine ladies into 5 gal buckets.
im using FF nutes, GH floralicious plus, cal/mg+, earth juice. and spray-n- grow for foiair. 5200k 400w MH ushio bulb and 2, 30 watt 6500k cfls.
sometimes i run 400w MH and the 400w/hps depending on the temps. today its 19f out and sunny. cant wait till spring.
thank for your response. i feel better.:)

I have vegged mothers for 5 years, I've heard much longer is possible. I have vegged for 3-5 months a few times thru winter on plants going outside.

WillyB

Just remember that even with a long veg, they'll still stretch when put into bud. Personally, I have a heck of a time caring for plants that are over my head. (5'3", and shrinking!)
I let my veg girls go longer than most because I believe the older plants produce better medicine. I'm a long time grower of most everything... African violets for shows, organic food gardens, and herbs. With few exceptions, herbs are at their best after they get some age on them. More oil, etc I grow marijuana based on that experience. I think you'll be thrilled when you harvest the older girl.
As always, FWIW.

willy and oregon thanks for the input. i learn so much talking to you guys/ girls
i agree winter is for veg'n. its the perfect time to kick back and veg out.
i also heard the longer veged the more oils/resin.
my max height is 5'5''. but i got a ways to go.
they are clonable right now. ill take 3 off each. maybe have some for outside this summer.
thanks again:)

Back
Top Bottom