How long can you flush for?

Maer

I am talking about pre harvest flushing, I have been watering with nothing but RO water for the past two weeks. Two of my four remaining plants are showing signs of N deficiency, with some amber tricombs on the sugar leaves but not on the buds themselves.

So I guess my question is how long can I wait for ambers? Will I lose potency if I continue to allow them to ripen without giving them nutes?

Where do you want to harvest at, head/body?

Potency towards what? From my understanding the longer you wait (more amber) the more body and less head effects. So I think the answer for you is yes, but maybe no. <g> Depends on what you are looking for.

I like about 20% to 25% amber on the strain I'm growing now, looking for more pain control yet with some head relief for appetite.

When I first start seeing any amber, I start test tasting every few days. Pull a little bud that looks about middle of the road to the others. Check it out with the microscope, to see where the color is. Then dry it in 24 hours. Test that first thing in the morning, so my head is clearer. That is how I've been deciding when to harvest. And when to start flushing. I only flush 7 to 10 days before harvest.

They have had nothing but RO water for the past 14 days.

I think you started the pre-harvest flush to early, if you are not ready to harvest right now. If they still need several weeks before you are ready to harvest, then they have no food to live on.

Kind of like if they take another two weeks before you harvest, then you left them without food for a month. In soil, that might be ok, but I don't think so in hydro.

The reason to flush is to get the chemicals/nutrients out of the plant as much as possible. Now I'm not sure this really helps, but I do it anyway. But only the last week or so. I grow two plants in one DWC tub. In that last week they will drink about 5 gallons of water. I feel comfortable that they are flushed as well as I can get them.

HTH

@ 14 they should be flushed like a turd... LOL

I only went one week flush (straight H20) for my last indo (chem) and it turned out great... I have heard that organic doesn't really flush but that the recommended time is 2 weeks. When I do the OD stuff, I give them about 10 days or so... but I use blackstrap and humic or fulvic acid as the flush!

I'm sure there are others who would have a different time frame for this... it's just what I do!

Where do you want to harvest at, head/body?

Potency towards what? From my understanding the longer you wait (more amber) the more body and less head effects. So I think the answer for you is yes, but maybe no. <g> Depends on what you are looking for.

I like about 20% to 25% amber on the strain I'm growing now, looking for more pain control yet with some head relief for appetite.

When I first start seeing any amber, I start test tasting every few days. Pull a little bud that looks about middle of the road to the others. Check it out with the microscope, to see where the color is. Then dry it in 24 hours. Test that first thing in the morning, so my head is clearer. That is how I've been deciding when to harvest. And when to start flushing. I only flush 7 to 10 days before harvest.
that is smart. good advice

Back
Top Bottom