How long do roots need to be on clones before potting

growerchic

I have some clones that are about 3 weeks old and have all started to root. I would say that the longest roots on some clones are about 1.5 inches and the shorter roots on other clones are just barely prickly looking. So how long do the roots need to be before moving over to soil? Right now they are in a clone machine with no medium, just misting on the ends/roots.

Also, another quick question. I had posted about my seedling that had spotted and yellowing leaves/tips. Well I have the PH balanced and I added the nutrient CanniStart to it. How long will it take before I know if that has corrected the problem (how long before the leaves look normal again)? Is it possible to get worse before it starts getting healthy? Or will those leaves just not get healthy again and the new leaves will just not have the problem?

BTW, any recommendations for a good digital ph meter?

Thanks so much for any advice!

I plant mine when they're over 1 inch long. If you plant when they're shorter, you run the risk of them wilting and dying. However, if they do wilt, don't panic; just throw a dome over it in the pot for 24 hours. After about 30 minutes, she'll be all perky again.

i think a good time is just before they start to hang, like they are still supporting their own weight some strains will have roots 2 inches long before they start hanging down, i guess a good length would be about 2 inches, mine usually end up going longer im kind lazy lol, but i root in root plugs and heat mat & dome tray setup, as for the yellowing i would not worry unless its on new growth,that means they are hungry and need light, on older leaves it usually means they are rooting /using reserves a little 1/4 strength nutes in the mister should help till you plant them
hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom