how long does water stay ph balanced?

havoksgrow

I have a gallonof distilled water and I lowered its ph to 6.5 with vinegar.
My question is how long can I use that water until I have to adjust the ph again?
Its just "complements" distilled water with some 5% white vinegar, no nuts or fertilizers, this is for my soil grow, in veg state.

It will probably change within a few hours.

Gas exchange with air affects pH, so it's difficult to overcome the change completely.

It may not be a drastic change within a few hours, but after a week or two it would probably be as if you didn't adjust the pH at all.

ph can change daily in a bucket with a growing plant especially when it gets bigger
in flowering stages
id suggest getting a ph pen run about 100 bucks but all you need to buy with it
is calibration liquid depends on the type or manufacturer of the pen how often is required to recalibrate
its more accurate than strips and reusable as long as you don't break it

I wouldn't bother with vinegar...

Soil/compost is self buffering in nature & will return to its normal PH value with in several hours or so, all what matters with soil/compost is the correct PH of growing medium & ideally should around PH 6 to 7 :thumb:

If you are using tap water as your water source the calcium buffering effect would cause the pH to rebound shortly after adjusting the pH. The pH would need to be re adjusted until the calcium buffering effect has been defeated.

Back
Top Bottom