How long for tricomes to color

fourthree

Hi all was just wondering if anyone could help me with, how long does it take for tricomes to go cloudy from clear usually, I have finally been able to take a picture of them this was yesterday. Things are fattening up quite well, I'm thinking of growing another 14 days then applying ph'd h20 flush for 14 more days... whats the general consensus do you think I should go with that plan or wait a bit longer.....that's why I'm asking about lil tricomes.....I'm in wk 6 day 38 Flowering, if i continue as planned that will put the total flowering time after flushing 10wks i know im gettimg closer. I'm unsure when to start the flushing as with the timing if tricomes and hiw fast it occurs. I don't want toooo much ambers lol.... and with 2 weeks of flush I don't want to shorten my growth/yield by flushing early, last pic shows growth difference of 10 days ago until now, to give an idea of my growth and how development is occurring.
Thanx
Fourthree :snowboating:

Attachments

• 20191213_150008.jpg
    20191213_150008.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20191212-181524_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20191212-181524_Gallery.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20191213_154811.jpg
    20191213_154811.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 162
It can take two to four weeks, depending on how much amber you want.

Most of us don't flush for two weeks anymore. Soil growers will do a 3 X pot volume flush about two weeks before harvest, and then go back to feeding as the last two weeks are when the plant pushes hardest. I run drain-to-waste with a coco/perlite substrate. It's flushed with every feed since I water to between 10% and 20% run off every time. My grows never see pure water, it's always a nutrient solution from seed to harvest.

Most of us don't flush for two weeks anymore. Soil growers will do a 3 X pot volume flush about two weeks before harvest, and then go back to feeding as the last two weeks are when the plant pushes hardest. I run drain-to-waste with a coco/perlite substrate. It's flushed with every feed since I water to between 10% and 20% run off every time. My grows never see pure water, it's always a nutrient solution from seed to

Most of us don't flush for two weeks anymore. Soil growers will do a 3 X pot volume flush about two weeks before harvest, and then go back to feeding as the last two weeks are when the plant pushes hardest. I run drain-to-waste with a coco/perlite substrate. It's flushed with every feed since I water to between 10% and 20% run off every time. My grows never see pure water, it's always a nutrient solution from seed to harvest.
Hey Old Salt, thanks for dropping by and I understand your point, I am growing in soil medium, so you think maybe just wait for 2 weeks and then flush 3x pot size and go back to feeding......I understand your point on final weeks if growth, just curious as I can start watching trich's now which is good....... perhaps you can also help with I'm having some troubles with ppm, yesterday I put a new tub in ph6.28ppm only 773 as was noticing a perhaps lock out so decided to give a half feed of nutes to see if anything would change....today ppm was 2067 can you believe.....So I watered 4 ltrs ph'd water on top to lighten the load...( I just let the water stay in a big tub and the run off goes back into tub....I know, I know it's a bad thing, as I do get a rise in ppm over the 3 day period that I use a tub for, then empty it all out and apply again, and will have figured a giid system for run off....definitely be changing that on next run) but why such an increase in such short time. I'm still concerned about heat as has reached 41°c and a low of 33°c so have started to open cupboard when I'm home with fans pulling air out, could these temps be conducive? Water is on 26/27°c maybe that's to high also, things are going well and sure I'm gonna make it, just I don't want these temps to make the cycle take longer than expected. Thanks again for your advice its always gold :Namaste: :thumb:

Those temperatures are a concern this close to harvest. My maximum temperatures in summer were in the low thirties during the day and mid to low twenties at night. I never checked the temperature of my nutrient solutions. I suspect they were somewhere between the two.

I rarely check TDS/EC in my run off. I had a nutrient lockout during my last grow, and solved it with a heavy feed going to 50% run off for a day or two. The lockout was caused by not going to the 10% - 20% run off for about a week. I was in a bind for water at the time, and had to use water from the dehumidifier and A/C. The TDS/EC and pH were way off at the time.

Unless you have a recirculating system run off should not be re-used. If you choose to do so, the TDS and pH should be adjusted daily.

Hey Old Salt, thanks for dropping by and I understand your point, I am growing in soil medium, so you think maybe just wait for 2 weeks and then flush 3x pot size and go back to feeding......I understand your point on final weeks if growth, just curious as I can start watching trich's now which is good....... perhaps you can also help with I'm having some troubles with ppm, yesterday I put a new tub in ph6.28ppm only 773 as was noticing a perhaps lock out so decided to give a half feed of nutes to see if anything would change....today ppm was 2067 can you believe.....So I watered 4 ltrs ph'd water on top to lighten the load...( I just let the water stay in a big tub and the run off goes back into tub....I know, I know it's a bad thing, as I do get a rise in ppm over the 3 day period that I use a tub for, then empty it all out and apply again, and will have figured a giid system for run off....definitely be changing that on next run) but why such an increase in such short time. I'm still concerned about heat as has reached 41°c and a low of 33°c so have started to open cupboard when I'm home with fans pulling air out, could these temps be conducive? Water is on 26/27°c maybe that's to high also, things are going well and sure I'm gonna make it, just I don't want these temps to make the cycle take longer than expected. Thanks again for your advice its always gold :Namaste: :thumb:
Man don't flush it does nothing and the studies have proven this, feed and harvest as she tells you
and you cant grow wrong...

Everyone has there sweet spots in there grow room, feel out yours. I like flushing when i hit a super high feed because it pushes (maximize growth) while giving your girl a good amount of oxygen to hit her root system. Pumping up those fan leaves to be substantially bigger then most but thats my science to it. We all are different and have great techniques but some just work better for others and thats my total opinion here

Back
Top Bottom