How long have you been growing for?

a bit before the day when people thought that emilys garden was the best version of hydroponics !! And ballast weighed like 30 lbs for your hid's . lol
I feel like this system is just fine for hydro....thats how much understanding I have for a hydro system lol. Maybe I'll bring this back in play! Looks pretty good to me!

Have been growing plants of all kinds for 55 years. Every now and then I tried growing The Herb back in the 70s and 80s but either the plants were stolen by neighborhood kids, the plants died in between trips up to the property or some animal ate them. Did not try to grow inside because of the lighting issues of expense, heat and power consumption.

In June 2017 someone asked me to sprout a seed for him and I said I knew what kind of seed. After it sprouted he did not want it since he did not know how to grow so I kept transplanting. In July I spent several hours reading about being able to determine the sex of the flowers. In the fall I brought it into the back room and then built a small growing area in a room in the basement.

Asked people for seeds and a couple of them came over with known strains or bagseed. By November I had approx 12 plants and the work started on refurbishing a cabinet for the flowering stage. Since then I have put over 103 plants through the cabinet, probably about 6 from seed and the rest clones taken from the seed plants. Mostly clones which were clones off of clones.

It is a different form of the gardening hobby.

This is how I saw my first plant...my brother found a plant in the woods and brought it back to the house and planted in the garden back in 2005, I remember it had purple buds! We were peeing on it as I thought it provided nutrient for the plant at that time....he ended up selling the plant for $500 :headbanger:

I've been growing over a year now but only indoor growing for just over 70 days. Still have a lot to learn as I wanna try Coco soon also start my perpetual. There's a lot of layers , more than just getting through the grow. Also I'm bud washing this run this is 4 plants(humble brag I'm proud):
Bud washing...never heard of this...care to explain? What benefits to this?

Bud washing...never heard of this...care to explain? What benefits to this?
There are several "bud washing" threads on this message board. Or, a google search will pull up some info.

This thread is the most informative one. It is rather long so start on page one and read through. Jumping to the end is a sure way to miss the basics explained early and then the suggestions that scattered through-out the rest of the thread.

Click here for the Bud Washing thread...

It is easy to do.

I feel like this system is just fine for hydro....thats how much understanding I have for a hydro system lol. Maybe I'll bring this back in play! Looks pretty good to me!
Its functional and well as far as todays standards its extremely basic .. you could do it for a lot less money now .. lol Its pretty basic and well you could say that style evolved into 5 gallon dwc . Back then is when hydroponics where just starting to get recognized in the market . hell the only (liquid)nutrient line you could get your hands one was General hydroponics and they only had one line . Hydrofarm had a line, grow and bloom but it was granular like miracle grow . There was no place to go aside from the nute label as to how strong your solution should be , no place to go to talk about issues you where seeing it was make a call and role with it . It was you a book and your plants . Hell people where just starting to get into hid lighting back them … and back them people still thought that a mercury vapor bulb was good lighting and most small home growers simply all used florescent tubes . the list goes on . lol

edited...almost forgot back then the ideal ph for hydro nute solution was 6.3 .

Its functional and well as far as todays standards its extremely basic .. you could do it for a lot less money now .. lol Its pretty basic and well you could say that style evolved into 5 gallon dwc . Back then is when hydroponics where just starting to get recognized in the market . hell the only (liquid)nutrient line you could get your hands one was General hydroponics and they only had one line . Hydrofarm had a line, grow and bloom but it was granular like miracle grow . There was no place to go aside from the nute label as to how strong your solution should be , no place to go to talk about issues you where seeing it was make a call and role with it . It was you a book and your plants . Hell people where just starting to get into hid lighting back them … and back them people still thought that a mercury vapor bulb was good lighting and most small home growers simply all used florescent tubes . the list goes on . lol

edited...almost forgot back then the ideal ph for hydro nute solution was 6.3 .
The good old days

The good old days
yeah and then came operation green merchant when the feds pulled credit card files from horticultural equipment distributors and started raiding peoples house by the frequency and things that where purchased...the supply industry evolved in to strictly cash purchases and you felt like you where in a spy movie going to and from the supply store ...wearing glasses and a baseball cap , paying cash and looking for a tail.

yeah and then came operation green merchant when the feds pulled credit card files from horticultural equipment distributors and started raiding peoples house by the frequency and things that where purchased...the supply industry evolved in to strictly cash purchases and you felt like you where in a spy movie going to and from the supply store ...wearing glasses and a baseball cap , paying cash and looking for a tail.
I started in 2000 I think it was much worse in the early to mid 90’s but even in 2000 I went into shop all incognito park around the corner lol miss it kind of lol

And now the tracking of purchases is a booming business, probably worth more than all the Marijuana sold, and it is called Surveillance Capitalism.

Instead of the feds going through credit card files it is big business going through the list of everything bought on credit. Then they sell the info and before long every business knows what a person buys, how often they buy it, what time of day a person goes shopping, and they can figure out why that item is being bought. Then the big business can direct advertising customized for the person.

No apps on my cell phone and credit cards are for emergencies when the price is over $1,000 and I cannot get to the bank.

I started in 2000 I think it was much worse in the early to mid 90’s but even in 2000 I went into shop all incognito park around the corner lol miss it kind of lol
You are correct mid 90's was definatley the cold war erra . Yes the incognito part was kinda fun but the reasons for doing it wasn't ..which made going to the gardening store an adrenaline rush ..not to mention having a cable or hoe heating guy coming into your home to do service and being feet away from your secret room with all the goodies .

And now the tracking of purchases is a booming business, probably worth more than all the Marijuana sold, and it is called Surveillance Capitalism.

Instead of the feds going through credit card files it is big business going through the list of everything bought on credit. Then they sell the info and before long every business knows what a person buys, how often they buy it, what time of day a person goes shopping, and they can figure out why that item is being bought. Then the big business can direct advertising customized for the person.

No apps on my cell phone and credit cards are for emergencies when the price is over $1,000 and I cannot get to the bank.
I was actually going to touch on that but seen you posted while I was typing ...yes the erra of data collection is here and until it is deemed that our data is our property those hazards will exist or until it is completely legal everywhere to grow your own .

Farmer since birth. Growing marijuana for a little over three years. I average about 8 harvests per year between the two tents. If I had a dedicated drying space I could squeak out one more each. It really ups the learning curve to run more cycles

There are several "bud washing" threads on this message board. Or, a google search will pull up some info.

This thread is the most informative one. It is rather long so start on page one and read through. Jumping to the end is a sure way to miss the basics explained early and then the suggestions that scattered through-out the rest of the thread.

Click here for the Bud Washing thread...

It is easy to do.

Wow....definitely will be doing this going forward..doesnt seem to do anything negative for the buds! Thanks!

I’ve been growing indoors for two years. I couldn’t have done it without this site. The info and help was enormous. I’m on my 4th grow. It’s for personal use and I couldn’t possible smoke half of what I produce in a year with one grow. Bizzarly, none of my friends get high. I’ve really enjoyed it, but I don’t like the time commitment. Not the work. That’s fun. I can’t really be gone for much more than a week at a time. I like to travel

Hydroponics will be the next system I look into once I master growing in soil! I've seem some massive yields from hydro!
Now that canada has legalized cannabis growing 4 plants each time is enough work for me! If I had a whole room setup for more plants that would be awesome but time consuming! I did have a medical card that allowed me to grow 30 plants but has expired since and I never took advantage of this

I’ve been growing indoors for two years. I couldn’t have done it without this site. The info and help was enormous. I’m on my 4th grow. It’s for personal use and I couldn’t possible smoke half of what I produce in a year with one grow. Bizzarly, none of my friends get high. I’ve really enjoyed it, but I don’t like the time commitment. Not the work. That’s fun. I can’t really be gone for much more than a week at a time. I like to travel
Same issue....I grow way more than I smoke...I end up giving some of it away and I'm just learning to make cannabutter so that helps.
I end up having to find a friend to take care of my plants when I'm on vacation but of course this always sucks because I dont fully trust them do it "proper"

Have been growing plants of all kinds for 55 years. Every now and then I tried growing The Herb back in the 70s and 80s but either the plants were stolen by neighborhood kids, the plants died in between trips up to the property or some animal ate them. Did not try to grow inside because of the lighting issues of expense, heat and power consumption.

In June 2017 someone asked me to sprout a seed for him and I said I knew what kind of seed. After it sprouted he did not want it since he did not know how to grow so I kept transplanting. In July I spent several hours reading about being able to determine the sex of the flowers. In the fall I brought it into the back room and then built a small growing area in a room in the basement.

Asked people for seeds and a couple of them came over with known strains or bagseed. By November I had approx 12 plants and the work started on refurbishing a cabinet for the flowering stage. Since then I have put over 103 plants through the cabinet, probably about 6 from seed and the rest clones taken from the seed plants. Mostly clones which were clones off of clones.

It is a different form of the gardening hobby.
20200112_133728.jpg

a white widow clone that I just put into a cup today. I normally clown and have been for a long long time
What is the easiest and most cost efficient way to do clones?

Just started this winter season back at the end of October. I've burnt out Google asking so many questions, spent hours on YouTube rather than socializing, talked my friends ears off, and built caulis from texting... Whenever I had a question, it was cuz something happened to my plant (haha) but I got lucky with a strong single bagseed.

Back
Top Bottom