How Long Should My Clones Take To Root?

i tried a new cloning gel my friend suggested. i must say it worked very well.
Cloning_Gel_Sample.jpg
i took a bunch of clones off my plants a couple days before flipping the light, put them in cubes and had some poking out in 5 days. the white fire clones, all 4 in 7 days. most of the rest within 10 or 11 days.
Clones_01.jpgClones_02.jpg
i keep the spray bottle in the dome to keep it warm...

this baby was placed into the clay balls and was dunked twice a day to get it ready for the big tent.
Clones_03.jpg

i tried a new cloning gel my friend suggested. i must say it worked very well.
Cloning_Gel_Sample.jpg
i took a bunch of clones off my plants a couple days before flipping the light, put them in cubes and had some poking out in 5 days. the white fire clones, all 4 in 7 days. most of the rest within 10 or 11 days.
Clones_01.jpgClones_02.jpg
i keep the spray bottle in the dome to keep it warm...

this baby was placed into the clay balls and was dunked twice a day to get it ready for the big tent.
Clones_03.jpg

i cut these to make a few mothers, here they are a couple weeks later in soil, looking super happy.
i snipped the tops yesterday to try and force two stems... we'll see how well that worked...
Mothers_Mar_22.jpg

I took thirty clones and within eight days, twenty three had roots. The other seven were "showing" the next day. By day ten all were in medium, in eight inch containers and very happy, big smiles! lol. This is my usual return time and I do it three times a month. I keep the humidity and the ambient temperature at 72*. Every day I "air" them for a bit by sliding the dome back about a 1/2 inch. I use root "plugs" and clonex gel for the cuttings and clonex solution for the plugs once placed in the tray. I fill the tray to about an inch with solution and that's it until roots show. That is enough to maintain them until then. Of course if it takes you longer to get roots then you may want to check the moisture level of your tray to avoid drying out. I use a soiless mix in my containers and do not give them any nutes for the first month, the mix contains enough nutes to sustain cuttings for that time period. They receive 18hrs of lighting under 600watts of HPS and 400watts of MH lamps and six hours of "quiet" time. There is however a low level illumination from the cloning area which is constant so it is never completely dark, only during the flowering cycle when it is absolutely important...:smokin:
One suggestiuon. Never take this kind of success for granted. I have had several people comment on my own 100% success aret with clones - and the one that caught my attention was; "Like you I had 100% success cloning for almost two years. Then for whatever reason it went to shit and I have not had a successful clone for over a year! Be careful, it can come back to bite you hard!" Lesson learned. I am a lot more caring and careful with every aspect of my grow so I can (hopefully) avoid the down times so many here can speak to.

I use Rapid Rooters which are pre-formed organic plugs in the shape of a small volcano so to speak. I set them in my tray with the "volcano" facing upwards as they usually do. They stand very nicely this way. I poke a hole into the "spout" about an inch using a pencil for the new cutting to slide into. I slice my cuttings on as much as an angle as I can, dip in Clonex Gel solution and set into the root plugs. They are then set into the tray into which I then fill to about one inch evenly with Clonex solution for rooting, mixed with water. I use a convex dome which allows for more height. I keep the humidity and ambient temperature at 72* for the entire time until they root under 24 hours of light. I have roots every time within 8-9 days without fail. This is of course barring any unforeseen "accidents". By the way, those "deformed" white balls at the end of the cuttings were the beginnings of roots. Hope this helps...:smokin:
The funny thing is, THIS^^^ is easier than Cloners!

After about a week you can test to see if your plants have started to root. Remove the humidity dome and leave it off for between twenty minutes and two hours. Watch the clones for any signs of wilting while the dome is removed. If the plants have not wilted at all then they probably have enough root development to support themselves. If no wilt is noticed leave the dome off, if they are wilted, spray the cuttings and dome and replace the dome on the tray.

Once you have determined that the plants can support themselves, stop misting the cuttings and leave the humidity dome off. (NOTE: Once the plants have roots, constant misting can actually be harmful to the plants).

If the lower leaves start to turn yellow and die, don't worry, it is perfectly normal. It is the plant feeding off of itself to sustain life, moving valuable nutrient and water from the older growth. Do not remove any dead growth until the plant is well rooted. If you remove the dying growth the plant can starve and die completely.
Seriously, easiest method^^^ period! Leave it and forget it! 8 days summer, 10 days winter!

Make sure, whatever you do, that you NEVER DOUBLE DIP with the cloning gel. What happens is when you dip your clone into the gel, it "activates" the gel, rendering in usless, after a few hours.. Always seperate or pour out the gel onto a paper plate or something... always throw out what you dont use... Dont reuse or return unused gel. Once you dipped the gel is active and after a few hours is no good......
Is this the case with rooting powder too ?

After about a week you can test to see if your plants have started to root. Remove the humidity dome and leave it off for between twenty minutes and two hours. Watch the clones for any signs of wilting while the dome is removed. If the plants have not wilted at all then they probably have enough root development to support themselves. If no wilt is noticed leave the dome off, if they are wilted, spray the cuttings and dome and replace the dome on the tray.

Once you have determined that the plants can support themselves, stop misting the cuttings and leave the humidity dome off. (NOTE: Once the plants have roots, constant misting can actually be harmful to the plants).

If the lower leaves start to turn yellow and die, don't worry, it is perfectly normal. It is the plant feeding off of itself to sustain life, moving valuable nutrient and water from the older growth. Do not remove any dead growth until the plant is well rooted. If you remove the dying growth the plant can starve and die completely.
Good recap👍

Why is continued missing harmful?

Back
Top Bottom