How long veg in 2x2 tent

Virandell

Hi I found 2x2 raised bed(15Gallon) to my 2x2 tent, it would be perfect for coots mix I wonder how long roughly would I need to veg to fill out that space ?
Also are you doing some soil test every couple of runes ?
They want to ban peat in UK and I want to have some soil for life eventually I will have to go dwc and I am not really fancy that :D

15 gallon in a 2x2 foot square tent? Seems way too big for that size space. These two are 7 gallon pots vegged for about 90 days in a 2x4, so either one is getting too big for a 2x2.
full

I can't see you using anything close to 15 gallons of soil before you have to flip for the sake of running out of room.

15 gallon in a 2x2 foot square tent? Seems way too big for that size space. These two are 7 gallon pots vegged for about 90 days in a 2x4, so either one is getting too big for a 2x2.
full

I can't see you using anything close to 15 gallons of soil before you have to flip for the sake of running out of room.
From what I know to have proper no till it's have to be 15g I would obviously not veg that long to root that container only enough to fill the tent.
I seen some people having successfull grows in 7-10g but it's more work from what I know

They want to ban peat in UK and I want to have some soil for life ...
I had read that in some gardening articles just last week. Only 5% of the peat bogs are still left. The banning of peat in gardening soil mixes started 10-20 years ago. The commercial growers of flowers and other plants have another 10 years or so to get ready. Testing has already started on substitutions and one of them is Sphagnum Moss. I can see the use of finely ground up partly decomposed wood particles being substituted.

It is unlikely that you will be forced go to DWC methods unless you want to.

Bit of trivia but it seems that what we in the US would call a potting soil mix is called Peat Compost in the UK even if there is nothing from a compost pile in the mix.

...I wonder how long roughly would I need to veg to fill out that space ?
To many variables. Temperatures in the tent will have an effect on how fast the plant grows. If the plant gets a lot of quality light it will grow faster. If there is a mite infestation the plant could slow down until the problem is fixed. It will be a bit harder to tell if there is enough water in a raised bed and either to much water or not enough will slow the plant down.

Speaking of water, will the raised bed have drain holes? Will it sit in a large saucer or are you going to be using the floor liner as a saucer? These are some of the questions I had to ask myself as I was deciding on how to make the switch from a cabinet for flowering to using a grow tent.

Keep in mind that you will need some room in the 2X2 for when the plant starts to flower. Plus it will demand more from the soil when in flower. If everything that the soil can supply is being given to the plant while it is in a vegetative stage then there is not much left in the soil for the plant once the buds start to form.

I had read that in some gardening articles just last week. Only 5% of the peat bogs are still left. The banning of peat in gardening soil mixes started 10-20 years ago. The commercial growers of flowers and other plants have another 10 years or so to get ready. Testing has already started on substitutions and one of them is Sphagnum Moss. I can see the use of finely ground up partly decomposed wood particles being substituted.

It is unlikely that you will be forced go to DWC methods unless you want to.

Bit of trivia but it seems that what we in the US would call a potting soil mix is called Peat Compost in the UK even if there is nothing from a compost pile in the mix.

To many variables. Temperatures in the tent will have an effect on how fast the plant grows. If the plant gets a lot of quality light it will grow faster. If there is a mite infestation the plant could slow down until the problem is fixed. It will be a bit harder to tell if there is enough water in a raised bed and either to much water or not enough will slow the plant down.

Speaking of water, will the raised bed have drain holes? Will it sit in a large saucer or are you going to be using the floor liner as a saucer? These are some of the questions I had to ask myself as I was deciding on how to make the switch from a cabinet for flowering to using a grow tent.

Keep in mind that you will need some room in the 2X2 for when the plant starts to flower. Plus it will demand more from the soil when in flower. If everything that the soil can supply is being given to the plant while it is in a vegetative stage then there is not much left in the soil for the plant once the buds start to form.
That's interesting, with 1 plant I would probably do scrog the run off would be going on floor liner.
What about coots mix in 3gallon pot ? I wonder if that would work solo cup later 2L pot in some light mix soil 30-35day veg and on switch to floser plant in coots mix 3g pot

From what I know to have proper no till it's have to be 15g I would obviously not veg that long to root that container only enough to fill the tent.
The thing with water-only soil is that it needs to have enough nutrients cooked in to support the grow start to finish, which is why there is a lot of transplanting involved!

I would think you would be better off doing the solo cup and transplants until you're a week from flip. Then do your final upcan and flip a week later. With well-built soil, the last pot should have enough in it to flower it out. If not you can always top dress with something.

That's interesting, with 1 plant I would probably do scrog the run off would be going on floor liner.
What about coots mix in 3gallon pot ? I wonder if that would work solo cup later 2L pot in some light mix soil 30-35day veg and on switch to floser plant in coots mix 3g pot
You did not mention if this is your first grow or the first tent. When I went from using a cabinet for flowering to using a tent I encountered the same sort of problems or issues that I read about here on 420 plus a few that are rarely, if ever, mentioned.

If you go with a raised bed with about 15 gallons of soil in it that thing will probably weigh close to 100 lbs when the soil is wet. If there is a SCRoG involved then it will be a real chore to move it around for plant maintenance.

Whether it is a raised bed or a traditional pot the container should be raised up off the tent floor for proper drainage when the water flows through. Sitting right on the tent floor can slow down how fast the soil drains plus the floor underneath the containers dries out slowly which might not be best for the life span of the material. Poke around the soil growing sections on the message board for photos and ideas of how to set up saucers and pot risers so that the excess water can be quickly removed. Wet tent floors are harder to keep clean and could contribute to humidity issues as that evaporates.

@InTheShed brings up something that might be easier in the long run. Go with the standard small container for the seedling stage. Transplant to a larger container for early plant growth and do any of the training and trimming you are thinking about doing. This still will not fill up the pot but that is OK. "Shed" mentions the final transplant about a week before the "flowering light flip" but I am partial to 2 to 2 and a 1/2 week period to allow for final training and pruning and to allow for a bit more root growth. Don't worry about filling up the tent or the pot with growing plant.

Throw the switch and put the plant into flower and it will fill up the extra space with flowers and buds. Remember the height of the lights. When the plant starts to flower it will fill up that space between the canopy top and the lights real fast.

You did not mention if this is your first grow or the first tent. When I went from using a cabinet for flowering to using a tent I encountered the same sort of problems or issues that I read about here on 420 plus a few that are rarely, if ever, mentioned.

If you go with a raised bed with about 15 gallons of soil in it that thing will probably weigh close to 100 lbs when the soil is wet. If there is a SCRoG involved then it will be a real chore to move it around for plant maintenance.

Whether it is a raised bed or a traditional pot the container should be raised up off the tent floor for proper drainage when the water flows through. Sitting right on the tent floor can slow down how fast the soil drains plus the floor underneath the containers dries out slowly which might not be best for the life span of the material. Poke around the soil growing sections on the message board for photos and ideas of how to set up saucers and pot risers so that the excess water can be quickly removed. Wet tent floors are harder to keep clean and could contribute to humidity issues as that evaporates.

@InTheShed brings up something that might be easier in the long run. Go with the standard small container for the seedling stage. Transplant to a larger container for early plant growth and do any of the training and trimming you are thinking about doing. This still will not fill up the pot but that is OK. "Shed" mentions the final transplant about a week before the "flowering light flip" but I am partial to 2 to 2 and a 1/2 week period to allow for final training and pruning and to allow for a bit more root growth. Don't worry about filling up the tent or the pot with growing plant.

Throw the switch and put the plant into flower and it will fill up the extra space with flowers and buds. Remember the height of the lights. When the plant starts to flower it will fill up that space between the canopy top and the lights real fast.
It's my 4th grow actually so not really a beginner, you are right actually aswell with scrog and run off that's might be a pain in the bum abit. Ughh have to figure out something with living soil as I seen peat free soil grows not doing really well.
Or I might do 15gallon pot with coots mix in it or maybe 7 gallon coots mix with 1 plant still didn't decied most people reccomend 15gallon but bobrown14 doing really well in 7

It's my 4th grow actually so not really a beginner, you are right actually aswell with scrog and run off that's might be a pain in the bum abit. Ughh have to figure out something with living soil as I seen peat free soil grows not doing really well.
Or I might do 15gallon pot with coots mix in it or maybe 7 gallon coots mix with 1 plant still didn't decied most people reccomend 15gallon but bobrown14 doing really well in 7
When the harvesting of the peat bogs is stopped the industry will find something to replace it. The flower, fruits and vegetable commercial growers have a couple more years to come up with something to replace the peat from the bogs.

For all we know, they might come up with something that works just as well as the bog peat, maybe even better.

When the harvesting of the peat bogs is stopped the industry will find something to replace it. The flower, fruits and vegetable commercial growers have a couple more years to come up with something to replace the peat from the bogs.

For all we know, they might come up with something that works just as well as the bog peat, maybe even better.
Hopefully ^^ I read few articles gardeners are complaining that in peat free soil plants growing terrible few people in forum growing from couple of years in peat free soil aswell just becouse they don't want to destroy environment but they saying compare to peat soil cannabis grow terrible.
Btw I decided I will go for 7-8 gallon notill maybe 2x plants in 2x2 hopefully will be alright

Back
Top Bottom