How many actually care about Cannabis legalization?

gualapa

59% Californians want cannabis legally
1% have signed the initiative...

I'm just curious, since there are currently 20 million Americans in California out of 34 million total that say they want Cannabis legalized. Around 10% are stoners which is 2 million stoners (out of 20 million).

Yet the best cannabis initative in history (the Jack Herer Initiative, ONLY a 10% tax [vs. Colorado 29%] & only organic organic cannabis is legal) only has 200,000 signatures out of 600,000. I'm just curious why so many people out there love cannabis but would've even print a piece of paper out, sign it, and mail it to help our green plant friend.

I know this is just California, but it's depressing because we legalized it first for medicinal purposes. It's embarrassing that we're waiting until 2016 so that millionaires can push a shit petition through.

Anyhow, if you're a Californian, you should really visit this thread. If you're not, you can continue to look down at us, disappointed that we can't get our shit together. Sorry to have a sad post, but it's sad times we live in where not even the whole of stoners are up to speed on the legalization that's trying to be passed. I haven't factored in the 18 million who statistically aren't stoners.

I care. I care because I think everyone benefits from it. Smokers do not have to hide on the shadows and the government can make money. I like what Colorado is doing. The money from canibus is going towards the school system. People who do not like it can treat it like alcohol and not do it.

Good to hear lilsmoke. Exactly. There are SO MANY BENEFITS that we are missing out of. The term "cali's almost legal" applies to the availability of bud, but in reality, we're very, very far from being legal. Full legalization is something else entirely:

Hemp Aspect: BEST PAPER, SUPERIOR Clothing, Fiber, Food, Nutrition, Building/Housing, Natural Plastics (NO OIL!!!), Fuel (best green fuel there is) Chemical Cleanup, Cordage (part of the reason why cannabis hemp was legal in ww2), Weed Control, and much, much more.

Recreational Aspect: The recreational sector will multiply!!! No more shitty dispensaries closing down. MANY MORE STRAINS will be available and WITH THIS PROP, there's only a 10% TAX, so we won't be screwed like Colorado is right now with a 29% tax.

YOUR EMPLOYER CAN NO LONGER TEST YOU FOR CANNABIS!!! It will be fully legal to smoke and fully illegal to test for cannabis in your system. COME ON STONERS!!!

Medical Aspect: People who actually need the medical products (cannabis oil) will actually be able to get it from a sustainable source, not some dispensary that closes down from the feddies every few months; even Obama considers full legalization an experiment. DOCTORS will be able to not only recommend to tell their patients where to get it.

great post, lots of people, like my mother, still think pot is like other things that should never be mentioned.

My mom actually is coming around,never thought I see the day,but her sister has cancer bad and isn't doing well with meds and my aunt dr. Suggested MM and it isn't even legal here so there is hope

Yeah, many have began to look at cannabis in a different light since the its medical use is becoming so well known. Heck, even CNN's top doctor dude who in the past was against cannabis, offered an apology to the public and is now endorsing cannabis for its medical uses.

And that's just medical uses, there so many superior hemp products that beat out trees at paper, corn at biofuel, cotton at clothing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom