How many CFLs do I need?

NuggetJar

i'm growing some weed in a tent i recently bought. i'm currently using 6 40w clf. how many more do i need for 3-5 autoflowering plants? i have 40 euros of budget left. except for buying more clf, i can get those for free from a friend. but most i could fit is probably 2-4 more at best.

is there anything better i could do with the budget i have left? i know it's little but i'm broke, so don't tell me how much growing leds are better. i know very well. but i can't afford 150 euros of lights right now. i want to finish this grow and get some weed.

If you think about it

Look at how much area one covers at 6" away, not much really

I'd say really depends on how they respond to the lights
10+ per plant easy...or more, tops and sides

Google cfl lights grow, some great layout from what others have done

Then start saving for some good LED lights, not bulbs, LIGHTS

If you think about it

Look at how much area one covers at 6" away, not much really

I'd say really depends on how they respond to the lights
10+ per plant easy...or more, tops and sides

Google cfl lights grow, some great layout from what others have done

Then start saving for some good LED lights, not bulbs, LIGHTS
what would happen if i didn't put enough?

Not much, literally

The need light, if not enough they stretch into long lanky nothing

In flower you won't get much bud density at all

Do some research on it...best advice I can give ya

Not much, literally

The need light, if not enough they stretch into long lanky nothing

In flower you won't get much bud density at all

Do some research on it...best advice I can give ya
i see, what would be the cheapest lights i could get? i don't care about the electricity bill, just initial cost

Mars hydro and viperspectra, both sponsors so probably have discount codes
Easy find one for about $100 , not sure what u can get

Then u can still use the cfl for added side lights

Ok....got it in English

That is way better than a few cfl

Probably not enough for 2 plants, but like I said, add some cfl for side lights a d yer set

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of new growers trying to use household bulbs...
Save yourself the headaches and drop a little cash on the most important part of your grow. Yes, you can keep a plant alive and get a little bud off it with enough of them but... why not spend a little more and get a lot?
FYI that light your looking at would grow one short plant quite well. They are 120 watts. Forget the 300 watt title.
Also as you asked "what would happen if I didn't put enough?". Well as Chris said "very little". You would basically be wasting your money and time. You would gain experience though so I suppose it wouldn't be a total loss.

They are 120 watts. Forget the 300 watt title.

300w title? I'm shocked. Typically a 120w would be more like 800w title. :rofl:

Between the household bulbs and stupid exaggerated lights, I'm surprised any weed is growing in any of these threads.

If you want to grow with house lights, build a space bucket.

True enough @multiVortex . I too was surprised to see that. There are lots of similar lights on Amazon that have an actual draw of 120 watts and claim to be 600 watts. lol. So much nonsense, so little time...

True enough @multiVortex . I too was surprised to see that. There are lots of similar lights on Amazon that have an actual draw of 120 watts and claim to be 600 watts. lol. So much nonsense, so little time...

I'll toast to that!

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a lot of new growers trying to use household bulbs...
Save yourself the headaches and drop a little cash on the most important part of your grow. Yes, you can keep a plant alive and get a little bud off it with enough of them but... why not spend a little more and get a lot?
FYI that light your looking at would grow one short plant quite well. They are 120 watts. Forget the 300 watt title.
Also as you asked "what would happen if I didn't put enough?". Well as Chris said "very little". You would basically be wasting your money and time. You would gain experience though so I suppose it wouldn't be a total loss.
what would be a good light under 100 euro for a 60x60 tent? (on amazon pls, don't wanna buy on other websites because amazon has the best support).

that's equivalent tho, isn't that good? there is lights that actually draw 1000w, but that's a lot of energy man lol. 1x18=18 18x90=1620 1620x0.25=405 you're looking at 405 euro. might as well buy weed at that point lol

what would be a good light under 100 euro for a 60x60 tent? (on amazon pls, don't wanna buy on other websites because amazon has the best support).
Search yer area, unless we live there, no point in us searching

Get one with great reviews and a lot of them

The one u found looks decent for the price and a 2'x2' tent

There are a number of them on Amazon for around 100 Euros. 100 Euros is equal to $146 Canadian dollars. I just took a look and there are lots of led fixtures to pick from. Just pay attention to the actual watts. Don't let their false titles confuse you.
For that money you should be able to get at least 200 actual watts of led lighting.

Back
Top Bottom