How many different mother plants do you keepand how?

Foodeefish

Thanks to you all, I have some great early success with my 1st an now 2nd grow. I have a 4x4 tent and a 2x4 tent and I had one Northern Light and one White Widow that I have taken many cuttings from.

I will keep one of each of these clones as a mother plant and I want to grow a few more strains. How do you all keep more than 2 or 3 different mother plants while growing other strains?

Any ideas on what I should do with these 2 tents and how I can keep 4-6 mother plants going while I keep growing out clones?

Thnx

I don't keep a mother plant, as she would take up room I don't have. I clone from successive generations of daughters just before I put them to flower and also during veg, while pruning out the juveniles. There really is no need to keep a motherplant, as all your clones from one strain will have the same genetics, once you have your perpetual grow going.

Phenotype seems to be random, anyway, depending on how you train the juveniles. I have had clones from the same plant exhibit as much variation as growing from seed.

BTW, you generally start cloning from your strongest juveniles. Eventually, if you go to fewer and larger plants, your clones will come from the same lineage (daughters of the first strong lady you took your first clones from). Trimmings from your less desirable ladies still make good tincture and edibles. You can dry the trimmings and make tea, powder them and put in capsules, brew them in vodka or rum for tinctures, or in any way you would use a herb in cooking. There is a whole discussion somewhere on this site on whole-plant medicine.

edited for typos

Back
Top Bottom