How many "Mainlining" growers?

Ripples

Starting a new grow and decided to try mainlining. I did my research and wanted some feedback from my fellow growers. My set up is as follows... 2 tents each 4x4x7, 1000 watt air cooled, 8" 728 cfm Vortex S Line, 24" Filter, Soilless Mixture 70% Canadian Peat Moss 30% Perlite, Fox Farm Nutes, Growing Chronic Strain in 5 gal buckets. 8 clones from mother doing well so far! It's not the easiest thing because most of the clones are not symmetrical. So training has been a challenge to say the least. We will see? I have had some nice cola's with my last 2 grows but I'm trying to eliminate ALL the little popcorn buds and focus solely on that huge cola! Can't complain too much about my last grows they have been averaging slightly over a pound for 9 plants. It's harvest and trimming that I HATE! attached is a picture of an average looking clone. as well as a harvest tease from last night! Have a 2nd tent that looks the same! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy Growing!
20150627_162534.jpg
20150627_162715.jpg

Wow the harvest pic looks like you did the job well! Did you use the tie downs with that crop or is that a new technique that you're trying?

The clone looks very healthy as well. How long ago was it planted?

No training on first 2 grows, just let them grow naturally. The last grow was difficult with the summer heat. Nice results but way more popcorn buds than I like too see. Slightly over a pound of good bud and roughly 5-6 more ounces of popcorn buds. Trying to eliminate the pop corn with mainlining. The clones are about 10 days old. Have them under 300 watt cfls while trying to shape them. Will switch to 1000 watt mh when I get them situated? No rush. First time trying any training at all. Hope to improve on this grow. Not real concerned about yield, this strain does very well. Would rather get a pound of good bud with NO pop corn. I could care less about the 5 or 6 oz I get from the little stuff. Making changes with each grow in hopes of making things easier and more efficient! I don't smoke so I grow more for fun. My Dad has Cancer so he usually takes all of it! He is a burnout from the 50's! He loves it says it's the BOMB! Makes me laugh......

I would have no complaints with .6 grams per watt either! A friend of mine trimmed every branch up on some of his plants so each one only had three or four nodes and then flipped to 12/12 that day and turned out some HUGE buds without really any popcorn buds. It worked really well for one strain, but not as well for the other. He also said that, by weight, he had the same amount of bud as his other plants that he didn't defol. But he had alot more trim from the non-defol plants, so it depends on if you like trim or not. I use all my trim, so I love it, some people don't care for it since it means more trimming.

How long are you in veg? Could you get a mainline ready in 10 weeks from clones? Well done...

Back
Top Bottom