How many people never got the chance to try medical cannabis?

Tom Sawyer

Let me preface this opinion piece by saying that I am NOT a journalist, medical doctor or anyone who thinks they are some sort of scholar. My grammar is atrocious. I am NOT a professional at this.
I’m just a poor old smelly firefighter, father and grandfather who’s fighting Renal Cell Carcinoma, prostate issues and a host of other medical issues. Aside from a 50 hour work week I spend most of my off time taking care of an elderly parent, fighting Dallas traffic, and watching Netflix with my dogs. So this commentary is not going to be Pulitzer material. But I have to get this off of my chest.
Late last night I started thinking of all the people who died of cancer and other illnesses never knowing that Cannabis could have saved their lives. It’s those dark, quiet peaceful moments when the whispers of the past can sometimes be heard over the crickets, frogs and the lulling drone of a box fan.
So as I laid back and thought of all the actors that we’ve enjoyed on the silver screen who passed away from cancer and other diseases in the last 70 years, it got me thinking. What if they had been able to use all those cannabis products from the 1900s-1930s?What if, beyond 1937 to current day and along with access to those products, the market had been able to freely research cannabis and its healing properties in an open, legal environment free from government interference?
Think of all the movie stars and famous people who died of cancer and other diseases over the past 70 years like John Wayne and so many others.
Think of all the beautiful children who have died of cancer, epilepsy and other diseases in the past 70 years.
Consider all the deaths from Parkinson’s, AIDS and Altzimers. Then I got angry. Why? They never got the chance to try cannabis.
All because of one, powerful, greedy newspaper publisher and paper industrialist, William Randolph Hearst
William Randolph Hearst - Wikipedia

William Randolph Hearst, a rich Democrat who mounted a propaganda campaign and Harry Jacob Anslinger, Harry J. Anslinger - Wikipedia, who made a stupid propaganda movie (Tell Your Children, aka, Reefer Madness), to strike fear in the people because Hearst felt his paper industry was being threatened by a plant.
In the link below, you’ll find a documentary where they discuss William Randolph Hearst and his successful propaganda campaign and the prohibition of cannabis. If you don’t want to watch the whole thing, just skip to about the 54:00 mark. But it’s a great documentary. You should watch it all to understand why I got so angry and what we are now fighting for.

1563339101757.png

In the 1920s, Doctors wrote over 2 million prescriptions Per year for medicines containing cannabis. In 1937 there were at least 28 over the counter preparations made of cannabis. All of it, banned after 1937. Gone. No longer accessible. Soon the European world would pretty much follow in the same footsteps and spread this prohibition on cannabis.
Can I make the argument that cancer has increased since 1937? In a weak effort, Yes. But the bigger question is can I prove this increase is due to cannabis being removed from our diets and choices of medicine in 1937? Probably not. There are too many other variables to consider. But we should be highly suspicious. Could those that did die of cancer have been able to have a better fighting chance to survive their illness? Contemplate the fact that any research on this subject that reflects positively on cannabis seeming to be very difficult to dig up makes me even more suspicious. Richard Nixon destroyed a study that he personally asked for because it did not meet his personal agenda.
The powerful rich Newspaper man lies. He mounts a propaganda campaign. The government covers up and lies. The medical and Pharma community covers up and lies. Our education system lies and has their own little propaganda to teach.
So it’s no surprise that any statistics that would indicate that the absence of cannabis products in our daily diets may have also been a contributing factor that caused cancer cases to begin to rise significantly after 1937. Then you factor in the industrial chemicals, substances that are proven to be carcinogenic to humans during this industrial revolution post WWII. What if they had not made cannabis illegal? How many people who died could possibly have lived even longer or not even gotten cancer due to the cannabis compounds fighting along side their immune systems to keep the cancer cells under control? What if, the removal of cannabis from our lives in the 20th century caused an increase in illness?
What would be your feelings towards a member of the press who lied to protect their own greedy intentions?
Yes. I’m angry. And it’s just one more reason that I don’t trust the mainstream media.
Everything is so convoluted now that we may never know the truth. And too many beautiful people have died.
Here’s another article. It may or may not help much. It supports my observations. But it’s just too convoluted and weak to confirm my conclusions.

Growth of Cancer

Thanks for your support

from Behind The Green Curtain.

-“Tom S”

It seems there is always a long line of prohibitionists rarin' for the opportunity to tell someone else what to do with their body, their time, their life in the name of some supposed moral high ground.

C.S. Lewis said: Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Dissatisfied with the loss of prohibition of alcohol, the moral busybodies busied themselves again and were happy to line up against something that made people feel good. They'd done the same with alcohol and also sex or anything else that people might enjoy. The moral busybodies will always try to force their vision of good and proper on others. They are simply unquenchable in their thirst to do "good".

At the very least we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that had cannabis been legal that many people would have suffered less as they met disabling and lethal diseases and many today still suffer because of prohibition.

If there's a god he placed cannabis on this Earth for us to use for the good of our bodies and minds. If not it's still here and ready for us to put it to work.

I know what my family's life was like prior to cannabis and what it is afterward. We're never in a million years going back to that.

It seems there is always a long line of prohibitionists rarin' for the opportunity to tell someone else what to do with their body, their time, their life in the name of some supposed moral high ground.

C.S. Lewis said: Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Dissatisfied with the loss of prohibition of alcohol, the moral busybodies busied themselves again and were happy to line up against something that made people feel good. They'd done the same with alcohol and also sex or anything else that people might enjoy. The moral busybodies will always try to force their vision of good and proper on others. They are simply unquenchable in their thirst to do "good".

At the very least we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that had cannabis been legal that many people would have suffered less as they met disabling and lethal diseases and many today still suffer because of prohibition.

If there's a god he placed cannabis on this Earth for us to use for the good of our bodies and minds. If not it's still here and ready for us to put it to work.

I know what my family's life was like prior to cannabis and what it is afterward. We're never in a million years going back to that.

I love the quote in your signature.
My signature just got nuked coz I think there was something naughty in there. I’ll try to do better. Emilia normally kept me on the straight and narrow on the other site before it vanished into thin air. I had to reconstruct this blog from scratch and I am not happy with how I had to piecemeal it back together. Some stuff seems disorganized now. But I can work on it. Thanks for reading.
Peace/Out

I find your perspective and opinions very interesting and relevant. Though we can’t turn back time it is a shame that politics and greed robbed many ppl from relief for a couple decades shy of a century during which our civilization advanced at an exponential rate. I wish you all the best Sawyer to you and yours behind the green curtain!

Very well written Alafornia I will have to check out this C.S. Lewis fellow.

:yummy:

Yep, pure unadulterated greed.
Exact same thing is still happening today.
The corporate media is nothing but pure propaganda, our elections are fraudulent, and big corporations have totalitarian control over the government through legalized bribery called lobbying.

Humans evolved with cannabis, we consumed it daily because livestock was fed cannabis, we ate the meat and eggs all fed with cannabis, it's been used as medicine for 1000s of years, 65% of every medication in the pharmacopoeia contained cannabis prior to 1900.

Our bodies make cannabinoids, we require cannabinoids just like we require protein and vitamin D, without these cannabinoids in our system we lack the ability to fight off numerous diseases.

The prohibition of cannabis was probably the single worst tragedy that humans have inflicted upon themselves that over the past 90 years has easily been the cause of millions upon millions of deaths from disease and millions more lives utterly ruined by militarized psychopaths we call police locking people up for simply enjoying a totally harmless plant that their bodies require to stay healthy.
Even today in so called legal states cannabis is still treated like its nuclear waste, it's been legal in California for about 25 years yet 77% of the state still doesn't have access to legally buy it because of the ignorance of the idiots running 77% of the cities that are still brainwashed by 75 years of reefer madness and the corporate media.

Not one person has ever died from an overdose of cannabis, many 1000s have died from just aspirin, the time it took you to read this someone died from an opioid, many die each year because of a freaking peanut FFS yet none from cannabis and its treated like nuclear waste with so many rules and regulations that it's really just as illegal with even more people being locked up in so called legal states than it's ever been.
It needs to be exactly the same as growing a tomato, you should be able to grow and consume as much as you damn well please.

I forgot to add in that it was a church group who made that film, tell your children and that Dewayne Esper bought the film and then tampered with the film itself so that he could make money on it.
Sorry I didn’t include that part but like I said in my last comment, I had to start over from scratch and put this piece back together from a long lost piece I had posted on a different site. After all the moderator activity on this thread, I think I need to get them to delete this whole thread and let me start over without the junk and links I had in my signature. I feel like this post has been manipulated now and I want to make sure it’s my own words posted. If a moderator wants to discuss, he can DM me. I’ll send him a proof and let him pre approve it first. I’m seriously not here to start trouble. I just want to end prohibition before I die. I’m currently fighting my own medical issues. I am not here to sell anything. I’m not here to buy anything. I produce my own meds and I do for myself quite well. I’m just here for growing tips, advocacy, friendship and maybe a bit of humor. Life’s too short for bullshit.

:welcome: to :420: Tom :passitleft:...got no words that express my sorrow about your diagnosis my friend :straightface: I was still in Iraq when my mother passed after a 15 year battle with bone, brain, and liver cancer. I was devastated, then my father passed about 2 years later from prostate cancer, and my siblings had to moved in with my wife and I...I'm the oldest of 6...4 boys and 2 girls...it was hard because I was still on active duty, and my siblings were taking it hard, so my wife was left to deal with it...just "one" reason why I treat her like my queen/angel...she gets whatever she wants when she wants it :rofl: cuz my wife literally saved my life...but that's a story for another time :popcorn:

I'm so glad you found this place as we have some experts on "medicine" that really work :thumb::snowboating:

:welcome: to :420: Tom :passitleft:...got no words that express my sorrow about your diagnosis my friend :straightface: I was still in Iraq when my mother passed after a 15 year battle with bone, brain, and liver cancer. I was devastated, then my father passed about 2 years later from prostate cancer, and my siblings had to moved in with my wife and I...I'm the oldest of 6...4 boys and 2 girls...it was hard because I was still on active duty, and my siblings were taking it hard, so my wife was left to deal with it...just "one" reason why I treat her like my queen/angel...she gets whatever she wants when she wants it :rofl: cuz my wife literally saved my life...but that's a story for another time :popcorn:

I'm so glad you found this place as we have some experts on "medicine" that really work :thumb::snowboating:
Thanks man.

Yep, pure unadulterated greed.
Exact same thing is still happening today.
The corporate media is nothing but pure propaganda, our elections are fraudulent, and big corporations have totalitarian control over the government through legalized bribery called lobbying.

Humans evolved with cannabis, we consumed it daily because livestock was fed cannabis, we ate the meat and eggs all fed with cannabis, it's been used as medicine for 1000s of years, 65% of every medication in the pharmacopoeia contained cannabis prior to 1900.

Our bodies make cannabinoids, we require cannabinoids just like we require protein and vitamin D, without these cannabinoids in our system we lack the ability to fight off numerous diseases.

The prohibition of cannabis was probably the single worst tragedy that humans have inflicted upon themselves that over the past 90 years has easily been the cause of millions upon millions of deaths from disease and millions more lives utterly ruined by militarized psychopaths we call police locking people up for simply enjoying a totally harmless plant that their bodies require to stay healthy.
Even today in so called legal states cannabis is still treated like its nuclear waste, it's been legal in California for about 25 years yet 77% of the state still doesn't have access to legally buy it because of the ignorance of the idiots running 77% of the cities that are still brainwashed by 75 years of reefer madness and the corporate media.

Not one person has ever died from an overdose of cannabis, many 1000s have died from just aspirin, the time it took you to read this someone died from an opioid, many die each year because of a freaking peanut FFS yet none from cannabis and its treated like nuclear waste with so many rules and regulations that it's really just as illegal with even more people being locked up in so called legal states than it's ever been.
It needs to be exactly the same as growing a tomato, you should be able to grow and consume as much as you damn well please.
Thanks for your reply!

Thanks to all of you for your kind responses. Sorry that I’ve been quiet here. But I have an elderly parent who’s needs must take priority. Mom broke her shoulder on Christmas Eve. She’s 89 and has dementia and is in a nursing home. I have to take care of her bills and I’m also the guardian/POA. So I haven’t had time to do much. I will say that I’ve acquired a nice little rosin press and I pressed about a 1/2 ounce of my Eleven Roses bud. That rosin has become my favorite weekend dab to take the edge off of life. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and I wish everyone a happy new year. 2020 is going to be a hell of a ride folks.

I’m not even sure. I may have had it in the wrong place. I’m not in here enough to really get the knack of how this forum functions. The medical lounge is where it got moved to. In hindsight, that actually sounds fine with me. So. No worries.

It was in Introductions, kinda fits here better in my mind too.

High All! Just checking in. 2020 has been chaotic so far. A lot of things to deal with regarding my moms healthcare and dumb shit going on at work. Two weeks ago, I got hit with a random drug test on a Tuesday morning after a Friday and Saturday smoke session. I didn’t smoke much. I had a pretty dynamite dab on Friday. It was my birthday. And on Saturday I had one small dab and smoked a couple hits off a joint. (Just enough buzz to clear the cobwebs). So you can imagine my terror getting hit with a random drug test after that weekend. Well. It was just a pee test. So as soon as I left the clinic, I raced home and took another pee test from my own kit. Oddly, I BARELY passed my home test. I mean BARELY. WTF. So I was sweating bullets for the next couple of days. But after I got to Thursday, I began to realize I fucking passed! How? I have NO clue. But I didn’t get fired. And my company is Zero Tolerance. Miracle from God is all I can say. So that scare shook me up pretty bad. Anyway, we’ve sort of submerged for a while and put away all the pipes and rigs and weed until this drug testing phase dies out. Oh. Yes. I forgot to tell you. They also hit me for a test back in Sept 2019. So 5 months apart. Very strange. Anyway. I hope everyone is healthy and thanks so much for all of your kind words of support. I’ll be around! Peace Out!

Back
Top Bottom