How many plants can I fit in my tent?

KingHews167

Hey all,

tent is 48x48x78 (2 x 800w LED lights)

Just looking for advice on how many plants I should aim for in a tent like this. Ideally I want to veg for a decent time frame (seedling to beginning of flower = 8 or 9 weeks) so the plants should be a decent size.

I see recommendations of 1 plant per square foot, haha ya right. But I don't want to put only 4 plants in there because of the potential size if I can fit more.

Thanks for the help

Re: How many plants can I fit in my tent??

To be safe, if this is the first run in this tent, and taking into consideration your estimated veg time, I would do 4 and see how they bush out and grow into the tent. You have to remember that most strains double if not triple in size after the flower flip.

Also remember the more plants you cram into the tent, the more that will effect your grow environment inside the tent. 4 plants transpiring maybe be easier to control than 8. Air flow is key in a grow tent.

I would personally start with 4 and maybe expand on the next go around. I have a friend who has two plants in a 20"x3ftx7ft tent and he let them veg 1 week too long and now his tent is overflowing so much he's had to supercrop in flower. And we all know what happens when you supercrop after week 3 of flower. No bueno. Start small and work your way up.

Re: How many plants can I fit in my tent??

I run 4 DWC buckets that veg for about 4 weeks in my 4x4 and they will fill it edge to edge.

4 plants, vegged for 4-5 weeks from seed with a screen 10 inches above your pots, trim them from the bottom to the top of screen when your in week 2 of flower and that will fill that full tent, i got 20+oz from my last grow.

Just remember when if your vegging for 8-9 weeks when you come to flip them to flower they can tripple in size, fewer plants, better environment = a quality grow, over crown plants your just looking for problems in my oppinion.

Complete novice here... getting ready for my first attempt. Been reading up a lot, but have a similar question. I set up a 32"x32"x63" tent with a 600 watt LED. I have some auto flower seeds on the way. Placing 5 gallon pots in there for reference, It looks like I would have room for 4 at a time. I thought that since they're auto's, they'd likely be on the small side anyway. Since I ordered 4 different strains (including 1 lowrider, which I know is small), I thought I'd go with 1 of each. Am I thinking about this wrong? Will 4 auto's overtake my tent? Any advice appreciated!

I just made the mistake of growing 4 in a 48x48 and letting them veg too long , too big and drowned out the light . The top buds were good but nothin good below . My previous grow 2 plants in a 36x36 had a better yield . Its important not to crowd , i have now learned

Back
Top Bottom