How many plants for best results in a 80cmx80cmx180cm grow tent?

Number of plants is wrong question, maximising your yield per watt is way you look at it and its generally accepted sea of green os best way to go. This is essentially a large number of single stemmed untrained plants producing colas from top to bottom, due to fact indoor lights fall off in intensity very quickly this is generally accepted as the best way to grow indoors. Usually done with cuttings taken from a mother.

This makes it a little more complex as some autos can veg long and have larger plants vs some autos that stay small and veg shorter. I have seeds for a lemon auto that state they only grow single spear plants, making them perfect for a SoG.

If you plan on sticking with autos I would go with (4) in 7-gallon pots and try to stick with a quicker seed to harvest auto and stagger planting the seeds by 2 weeks.

I personally would go with a SoG like Buds mentions but find a 2’x2’ (or something to fit you tent dimensions plus a runoff tray) fabric planter bed using soil to help minimize the frequency you would have to water it vs 30 bottles. It would require a second space to house a mother plant plus you would have to learn to clone (if you don’t already it’s pretty easy) and it requires you to have photoperiod seeds/plants vs autos unless you feel like buying 30 auto seeds each time.
Hey @The Phantom........The grow im dong now I staggered every two weeks.....wanted to do this way but maybe because I squeezed 6 plants in there it didnt work as well as it could have (yield dont look that big/lots of popcorn....My first plant didnt flower (small pot my fault i guess) and my last plant (Jack Herrer hasnt flowered yet (seems like it wont but im praying) So yes maybe 4 would be better..

Not sure if Im skilled enough for SOG at the moment....would like to do it but im a beginner...also I dont have any other space for a mother plant as Im in a one bedroom flat and this grow is in my storage cupboard.....

Hey @The Phantom........The grow im dong now I staggered every two weeks.....wanted to do this way but maybe because I squeezed 6 plants in there it didnt work as well as it could have (yield dont look that big/lots of popcorn....My first plant didnt flower (small pot my fault i guess) and my last plant (Jack Herrer hasnt flowered yet (seems like it wont but im praying) So yes maybe 4 would be better..

Not sure if Im skilled enough for SOG at the moment....would like to do it but im a beginner...also I dont have any other space for a mother plant as Im in a one bedroom flat and this grow is in my storage cupboard.....
How long would it take to grow a mother plant btw? and how big does she get?

How long would it take to grow a mother plant btw? and how big does she get?
That's up to you, as Buds said after about 5 weeks, or when it shows it's sex, you can start taking clones :thumb: and I've kept a mother alive for almost 4 years...it requires some pruning of the roots to keep her small but it's not hard :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom