How many seeds to you get per harvest? Plus breed questions

HigherTheHigh

Hello all!

So im wanting to cross breed a few strains but im wondering how many seeds you get per harvest (rough estimate), female plant will be around 12" high topped at 6th node, so 12 nearly even canopy.

So iv never cross breeded or breed a plant so just a few questions, if i want to make the strain more dominant which do i use the male or female for this?

Some plant strains i grow start to mature in 6 weeks to harvest in week 8, how long would i run them just for seeds?

Do i need to be aware of anything when im breeding?

I have gotten 100 seeds and 500 seeds, just depends

I've seen dominant traits from both males and females, just like in real babies, it's a crap shoot

Seeds take at least 5 weeks to mature from pollination, do minimum that but 6-7 is even better

I really enjoyed playing with genetics.
Just remember the Male spunk is nasty stuff, will get into every girl in the neighborhood if yer not careful. Clean clean clean for sure

Good luck

Yeah seeds depend on when and how much pollen a plant gets. I don't normally seed a whole plant. Most times a branch will give you 30 to a 100 seeds. If you don't need to pollinate the whole plant then don't. You can still keep some smokable buds and if need be you can take the seeded branches loner into flowering if they need time to finish after the buds are right.

The basics of breeding is to use the male to transfer traits. The mother plants will hold most of the plants growth style.

Like I said those are the basics. Exactly what a plant transfers is still up in the air. It will do it over and over again though. That is where experience helps. If your male transfered a early harvest and tons of crystal to your hybrid it will probably do it again. It all matters which traits are dominant and which ones are not.

Back
Top Bottom