How many times can I top?

Bob13567

I am wondering how many times I can top a plant it is getting to tall for my space. I have already topped 2 times. And can I top all the branches? It is a Outdoor grow. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

I've topped mine on about half a dozen branches and she didn't even have a tiny bit of stress like I was expecting. will top again in couple weeks trying to great as many bid sites as I can

Thanks for the replies! Is it ok to cut below the newest growth like down the branch a little bit to shorten it up?

Is there room to tie the top down, spreading it OUT instead of allowing it to grow UP and then cutting the top off? If so, I'd expect a larger harvest that way.

Is there room to tie the top down, spreading it OUT instead of allowing it to grow UP and then cutting the top off? If so, I'd expect a larger harvest that way.

The stems are pretty thick I think it's past the point of doing much training. It has been vegging for about 80 days

Oh. In that case, I'd have to limit my training, too. I always hated repairing broken branches, lol.

Oh. In that case, I'd have to limit my training, too. I always hated repairing broken branches, lol.

I went out there just to see if I could and it actually turned out pretty good tied all the branches down. Except the one I broke lol. Whoops I quickly grabbed the electric tape and taped it back up. Hopefully it will make a recovery it was the biggest branch!! What do you do when you break a branch?

I am keeping mother-plants and every time I take a clone from one it's like performing a topping. So yes indeed! You can keep on topping forever. Do however keep an eye on the root-ball and prune when necessary

Yeah - that's of course much better. I sometimes flower my mothers and make new ones. Then I just spread them out. That way you can fill an entire tent with 2 plants in just a short amount of time - I usually spread them out under a net like here:

Photo #1 - The two mothers before I put them under the net
01_setup.jpg

Photo #2 - aprox 3 weeks later
flowering_day_1.jpg

The stems are pretty thick I think it's past the point of doing much training. It has been vegging for about 80 days

Fuck - I replied to the wrong post but you get it - right?

If you can spread them out then do that, if not, just continue to top :)

I just tape them with duct tape or whatever I have laying around. Or I break them off completely and then decarb and smoke. It all depends on how much I want to smoke the branch I cut :) That of course only applies to branches broken during bloom

I went out there just to see if I could and it actually turned out pretty good tied all the branches down. Except the one I broke lol. Whoops I quickly grabbed the electric tape and taped it back up. Hopefully it will make a recovery it was the biggest branch!! What do you do when you break a branch?

Yeah - that's of course much better. I sometimes flower my mothers and make new ones. Then I just spread them out. That way you can fill an entire tent with 2 plants in just a short amount of time - I usually spread them out under a net like here:

Photo #1 - The two mothers before I put them under the net
01_setup.jpg

Photo #2 - aprox 3 weeks later
flowering_day_1.jpg

beautiful, DeVille

Back
Top Bottom