How Many Watts Am I Actually Using?

DarionOzb

Hello everyone.

I was just curious about how many watts Im actually getting out of my Gixer LED light.
It says its 600w, with blue and red lights.

But it only has two switches for the light settings. One for Bloom and one for Veg.

During Veg I rocked both just to get the most light.

But now my plants are flowering and I'm just wondering if they are still getting 600 W
from the Bloom setting of the light...

Or does switching one of the switches on, and the other off mean that the light is only giving
half its strength?

Just a little confused on that part...

Thanks!

Attachments

• gix.jpg
    gix.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 110
Everything below the line is what I found when I did a google search using the search words
giixer 600w

Looks like it might only pull 70 watts at the wall as the saying goes. If you can do a google search using the same key words you should see your light off to the side. If so, look for a small box with the word "Details" and click on that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cxKEgCQoIDopyqUcN2FPRqt_XHCiq5pGqrXWqgji0&usqp=CAc.png

Giixer 600W LED Grow Light, Dual Switch & Dual Chips Full Spectrum Plant Light for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower- (10W LEDs 60pcs)
New Upgrades: Compare with the traditional 600 watt grow lamps, this new Dual-Chips 10w led lights is bigger, brighter and efficient, but consuming only 70 watts. Perfectly help you to save the energy and improve the environment of plant growing. DOUBLE SWITCH- Veg and Bloom button have different function. Veg switch: It's blue led and white led. For seeding or young vegetative growth,you can use Veg switch only. Bloom switch: It's red led and white led.for flowering/blooming,you can use both Veg and Bloom switches. Most LED lights are rated at somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 hours of use. For comparison, many other grow lights tend to last for around 20,000 hours before needing to be replaced.Protecting diodes are added to make sure one chip out, others still work. Full spectrum: the light include red,blue,yellow,white,and so on etc. which is similar to the sunshine,ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages. P LEDs Watt:600W /P P Power:70W /P P Main LED Chip Spectrum: 410nm-800nm full spectrum /P P Input power: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz /P P Power Factor: 0.9 /P
Brand Full Spectrum Solutions
Type LED
Wattage 10 watts
Feature Grow Light

Everything below the line is what I found when I did a google search using the search words
giixer 600w

Looks like it might only pull 70 watts at the wall as the saying goes. If you can do a google search using the same key words you should see your light off to the side. If so, look for a small box with the word "Details" and click on that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cxKEgCQoIDopyqUcN2FPRqt_XHCiq5pGqrXWqgji0&usqp=CAc.png

Giixer 600W LED Grow Light, Dual Switch & Dual Chips Full Spectrum Plant Light for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower- (10W LEDs 60pcs)
New Upgrades: Compare with the traditional 600 watt grow lamps, this new Dual-Chips 10w led lights is bigger, brighter and efficient, but consuming only 70 watts. Perfectly help you to save the energy and improve the environment of plant growing. DOUBLE SWITCH- Veg and Bloom button have different function. Veg switch: It's blue led and white led. For seeding or young vegetative growth,you can use Veg switch only. Bloom switch: It's red led and white led.for flowering/blooming,you can use both Veg and Bloom switches. Most LED lights are rated at somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 hours of use. For comparison, many other grow lights tend to last for around 20,000 hours before needing to be replaced.Protecting diodes are added to make sure one chip out, others still work. Full spectrum: the light include red,blue,yellow,white,and so on etc. which is similar to the sunshine,ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages. P LEDs Watt:600W /P P Power:70W /P P Main LED Chip Spectrum: 410nm-800nm full spectrum /P P Input power: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz /P P Power Factor: 0.9 /P
Brand Full Spectrum Solutions
Type LED
Wattage 10 watts
Feature Grow Light

Thanks!

I appreciate that.

I dont really understand it, but I appreciate it.

Been in flower for 3 weeks only using Bloom light ...

Should I start turning on the Veg light for a couple of hours as well?

Or just leave it how it is so she doesnt have to worry about temp stress?

Thanks!

I appreciate that.

You asked about how many watts you are actually getting and it looks like 70.

If I am understanding it right it is only using 70 watts total, both switches on. It does have the potential to use 600 watts but the manufacturer kept it low deliberately so that the light lasts longer. They are hoping that it lasts longer than you have any desire to keep it. If it burned out while it was still under any sort of warranty then you would be trying to get your money back so they are hoping to avoid that.

Other people will tell you what happens if both switches are on. Probably nothing or maybe some better growth. Maybe one of them will help with that.

They advertise it in their best light so to say. It really is fraud though. 600 watts is or should be 600 watts from the wall. A kill-a-watt meter will tell you how many watts it really is. When they say 600 watts, They refer to the amount of diodes multiplied by the maximum wattage that can be pushed through it. A change in the LED driver will up the wattage but at the expense of longevity. Might burn out in seconds or weeks.

You asked about how many watts you are actually getting and it looks like 70.

If I am understanding it right it is only using 70 watts total, both switches on. It does have the potential to use 600 watts but the manufacturer kept it low deliberately so that the light lasts longer. They are hoping that it lasts longer than you have any desire to keep it. If it burned out while it was still under any sort of warranty then you would be trying to get your money back so they are hoping to avoid that.

Other people will tell you what happens if both switches are on. Probably nothing or maybe some better growth. Maybe one of them will help with that.

Oh okay now I really do understand.

I couldnt tell if you were saying it was drawing 70 watts from its outlet to run itself, or if it was giving out 70 watts to my plants.

Thanks again.
Looks like I might have to buy another one then. Its not a bad light or anything, just didnt know how strong it really was.

They advertise it in their best light so to say. It really is fraud though. 600 watts is or should be 600 watts from the wall. A kill-a-watt meter will tell you how many watts it really is. When they say 600 watts, They refer to the amount of diodes multiplied by the maximum wattage that can be pushed through it. A change in the LED driver will up the wattage but at the expense of longevity. Might burn out in seconds or weeks.
I doubt that it can be fraud. The light is capable of 600 watts of lighting. Like you said, if they changed the drivers it would push those LEDs to their maximum potential. But, it might last a year or a couple of seconds. Plus they do say it is 70 watts several times so it reads like that is what it is pulling.

Ah ok. Im not electric savvy so i probably wont be messing with the inside of the lights and im not too picky. Im looking for optimal grow at minimal rates, and its only for me so yield isnt too much of a concern or anything.

Thanks!

I couldnt tell if you were saying it was drawing 70 watts from its outlet to run itself, or if it was giving out 70 watts to my plants.
If I understand everything I have read it is both. Or both numbers are the same or close to it. It could be possible that it is throwing 70 watts on the plants and is drawing 75 watts at the wall. If you are happy with it then that is part of the solution.

Building your own lights will give you the best bang for your buck. Not hard to do. I could even point you in the right direction. see sig below. I had never built lights before and mine work that they netted me 20 ounces on my first ever grow. I spent about 420 USD to build an HLG 550 equivalent light and don't regret it. My big mistake was buying two Viparspectra 600 watt lights which is really only 1/2 what they advertise. I never read the fine print as it wasn't in the listing.

Definitely run both switches in when you are in flower.

Building your own lights will give you the best bang for your buck. Not hard to do. I could even point you in the right direction. see sig below. I had never built lights before and mine work that they netted me 20 ounces on my first ever grow. I spent about 420 USD to build an HLG 550 equivalent light and don't regret it. My big mistake was buying two Viparspectra 600 watt lights which is really only 1/2 what they advertise. I never read the fine print as it wasn't in the listing.
I read up on how to build my own. Time well spent as I learned a lot about the LED lighting systems or fixtures. I have a basic understanding of what I will need and what is involved. It just is not my kind of thing.

Building or assembling my own fishing tackle, that I understand and can do but building a light is not for me.

Okay, gradually?
Or just turn the veg on tmrw on the next cycle?
I would get it on asap, just keep an eye on the tops of the plant for light burn (white tips on leaves)
At 70w total you are probably only getting like 25 watts without the veg switch on.

I would get it on asap, just keep an eye on the tops of the plant for light burn (white tips on leaves)
At 70w total you are probably only getting like 25 watts without the veg switch on.

Awesome just turned them on, the lights go of at 8 so it'll be like shes getting a taste of whats coming tomorrow full blast xD

Thanks guys!

Thanks!

I appreciate that.

Turn on everything. You are only using 70 watts even then and you are using watts to power the cooling fan in the light as well as the LEDs so you are not even getting the full 70 watts of light.
You need every bit of light this light can produce because 70 watts is not much. The footprint of a 70 watt light is very small and you do not want to make it even smaller by not running operating the light at full capacity; you need to control heat with airflow not by restricting light.

There’s a whole thread on the manufacture. Giixer Free Trial

I'm sure they can answer all yer questions.

Back
Top Bottom