How many plants in a 2 x 2

I used to rock 4 in a 2'×2'. Fem seeds or clones are the only way maximize the space.
Screenshot_2018-11-04-21-03-52-1.png

I was pulling less than an oz each plant. 150w HPS.
Pretty darn good for just one 150 HPS, do you use the HPS from seed to finish. I have a 150watt HPS as well that I was going to use on a auto that has germinated and about 2 weeks into veg on a cheapo LED. Would have gone straight to HPS but wanted to avoid some stretch..at least initially.

Have you ever tried a MH bulb in your HPS fixture. I understand a Metal Halide ballast can ignite and run in a HPS, but not the other way. Reduce lifespan I understand. Was going to try one to see if it will work.

I do have a switchable 1000w ballast that can run an MH bulb. I would do further research on the web before attemtping such a feat. Running improper components with your equipment could ruin what you have.

I am not saying it "won't" work. I just know my 1 ballast has a switch. So...something MORE changes than just the bulb.

Yes there is conversion bulbs for certain wattage bulbs, but from what I gather it's the striking voltage required for a HPS bulb that a Metal Halide ballast can't provide. The wattage current and voltage used are similar once running but at a reduced lifespan. I believe the switchable ballasts just incorporate a separate starting voltage for HPS. Most electronic ballasts can run both. I wouldn't attempt it with a 1000 watter but though about trying it on a 150watt HPS ballast that I have.

..and a regular 150watt MH from a electrical supply place is about $15.00. Will have to find the post where I saw how it can be done, it may have involved removing the ignitor from the HPS ballast circuitry. Bet that is exactly what the switchable ballasts do, just bypass the ignitor when using MH mode.

..and worth mentioning a MH is not as efficient as a HPS nor puts out as much light energy, but would suspect it would be ideal for the first couple weeks to keep the plants shorter.

I've done quite a bit of vegging in my crappy old 2X2.

Say Florida State, Florida, and NASA were breeding a super aligator to travel deep into space, which is perfect because they're reptiles so they can like chill for a long time and stuff being cold blooded.

if it the gator is raised in a 2 by 2 habitat, it is only going to grow to around two feet. I'm not a reptile scientist, but I would bet this year's beet crop that if you put that same alligator in a Nike Super Alligator facility (think University of Oregon's facilities) that it would turn out to be on hell of a big smart assed thirty foot alligator!!!

Basically, not having a bigger space resulted in reptile disfunction. (buh-dum tiss)

But would it be easier to send a two foot alligator to space or a thirty foot alligator to space?

Personally, if I flowered in a 2X2 canvas I would limit it to one plant. Now with the right growing style and if everything else clicks you could have one hell of a plant grown in 2X2 canvas.

... deep into space, which is perfect because they're reptiles so they can like chill for a long time and stuff being cold blooded

Why use alligators when you could use politicians? Not sure how many you can fit in a 2x2 space but I’d be willing to cram them all in there if we got to send them into deep space after.

deep into space
Someday many millennia from now, on an asteroid far far away, a 2x2 box breaks open and it begins to slither out... Ugh :(.

When it lies and there’s no one there to vote for it, does it still make a sound...?

Back
Top Bottom