How Much Co2 Should I Add?

SmokeyMacPot

Co2 Calculations:
1. Measure and multiply: length x width x height of your grow room to calculate the volume of cubic feet

2. Generally, the c02 level in a grow room is 300 ppm. To bring your room to an optimum level of 1 500 ppm, you will need to raise the c02 by 1 200 ppm.

3. Multiply your room volume by 0.0012 (1 200 ppm = 0.0012) to determine how much c02 to add to your grow room.

EXAMPLE: a 10' x 8' x 10' room:

1. Volume= L x W x H
volume= 10 x 8 x 10 = 800 cubic feet

2. 800 cubic feet x 0.0012 =.96 cubic feet-- you can round this to 1 cubic foot. You will therefore need to add 1 cubic foot of c02 to a 10 x 8 x 10 grow room to bring the c02 level to 1 500 ppm.

Author: Ductman

I have my hvac liscence and we use a hand held drain opener that uses C02 cartridges. all it is, is a valve and a nozzle that sits on top of a C02 cartridge. My question is, can I just spray one above the plants every now and then? Its just a small closet grow.2x3x8 I know it gets pretty cold but it warms up to room temp really quick and I think if I spray above them it would be alright. If it is ok to use it how much/often should I use it? Any help will be appreciated!!

hey whats up twitch custom. the co 2 cartridge is to small.
i also did hvac and i think i know which ones your talkind about.
like for blowing out lines that are pluggd. i used them. but they dont emit enough co2.
i use a propane torch to take the chill out of the air and an indoor propane heater its very clean burning and works for heat and co2. home dept has them. and they use no electricty. keeps the co2 at around 1200ppm. the heater is ok to use indoords it has an oxygen sensor on it also. heats up to 360sq feet.
i need it cause it supposed to be like 8 dregees F tonight.
but a propane torch works well for co2 run it for about 3 to 8 min. every 4 hours depending on the size of your grow room. its a very very inexpensive source of co2.
good luck man. hope this helps

If I use the co2 containers from soda fountain machines, how do I measure
the quantity of co2 that's being dispensed? Previously we would just guesstimate.

hey whats up twitch custom. the co 2 cartridge is to small.
i also did hvac and i think i know which ones your talkind about.
like for blowing out lines that are pluggd. i used them. but they dont emit enough co2.
i use a propane torch to take the chill out of the air and an indoor propane heater its very clean burning and works for heat and co2. home dept has them. and they use no electricty. keeps the co2 at around 1200ppm. the heater is ok to use indoords it has an oxygen sensor on it also. heats up to 360sq feet.
i need it cause it supposed to be like 8 dregees F tonight.
but a propane torch works well for co2 run it for about 3 to 8 min. every 4 hours depending on the size of your grow room. its a very very inexpensive source of co2.
good luck man. hope this helps

Thanks for the info sully508. I didnt figure they would be enough but im still a noob so I had to ask. I wonder if my old Coleman stove would work. It runs off of propane so Im geussing it should but im sure ive got a couple of torches out in the shop so I will see which is best for my area.

If I use the co2 containers from soda fountain machines, how do I measure
the quantity of co2 that's being dispensed? Previously we would just guesstimate.
It's called a flow meter. Ever been to a hospital and seen this device hooked to the air output with a little ball in it. The more air put through the higher the ball rises.
co211.jpg

Picture_00276.JPG

my co2 tank and meter. flow meter is tube on left, pressure gauge is on right.

:peace:
WillyB

The formula helped me calculate how much co2 i need for optimum levels in the grow room, but what i need to know is how much vinegar and baking soda will produce 1200 ppms of CO2? ive been just doing a seriously small amount, of about 3 to 1 vinegar to baking soda, Ill put maybe 2 teaspoons of Baking soda to about 2 tablespoons of vinegar but i feel like this is insufficient. Could you let me know how to determine what would be enough?

the easiest co2 "generator" that i use is a simple 2liter bottle filled bout halfway w WARM h20 and u dissolve 1cup white sugar, chill mixture then add 1 packet of common baking yeast!!

i drilled a 1/4" hole in the cap and sealed it w some airline tubing 2 direct where i want it

usually lasts 2 or 3 weeks just sumberge tubing under h2o and if it still bubbles ur still "generating" :goodluck:

so ive got this butane single-burner portable stove. does the butane work just as well? does it produce co2 just like propane? would that be recommended over the yeast and sugar?

I have been running my kerosene heater in my garage cause it has gotten cold this winter and the clones always do better when I run it, the flowering is in a private room so it doesn;t have much effect & I run tanks in there

the easiest co2 "generator" that i use is a simple 2liter bottle filled bout halfway w WARM h20 and u dissolve 1cup white sugar, chill mixture then add 1 packet of common baking yeast!!

i drilled a 1/4" hole in the cap and sealed it w some airline tubing 2 direct where i want it

usually lasts 2 or 3 weeks just sumberge tubing under h2o and if it still bubbles ur still "generating" :goodluck:

the bakers yeast was the way i was going to go alsothought about just putting a lrg bowl with warm sugar water in it the let it produce

11306.jpg

2903.jpg

3797.jpg

to answer this question you need to take into account the CO2 coming into the system, the CO2 being added to plant biomass and the CO2 escaping the system.

i did some rough calcs after reading this thread to see if it would be worthwhile to add a typical 20L home brewers fermentor into a cupboard, and it looks like a good idea to me.

it goes without saying dont leave unattended fires burning in your grow room.. plants produce oxygen, which in an enclosed space can build up and act as an accelerant.

imho the best time to add CO2 would be the last stage of flowering, when you want the flowers to bulk up rapidly so you can crop minimising the THC breakdown to CBD.

but i like my smoke trippy :)

i have a mosquito magnet that runs on propane and sprays co2 to attract mosquitos.
propane torch twice a day. ill do anything to increase my yeild by 25%.
RTI sells Calcium carbonante mixed w/ water makes the chemical formula co2.
look it up on google. it comes in powder form. RTI extreme gardening.
im just throwing out some other options.
remember co2 is heavy and migrates to the lowest point. the highest levels of co2 are on the floor.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom