How Much Co2 Should I Add?

Checked that guide out. Pretty good compilation and even though the CO2 section is pretty comprehensive, it still doesn't explain the cycling in and out of fresh air while the CO2 is pushed. Or, do I set my controller to exhaust only when temps get too high? Or do I not need to exhaust at all due to the plants getting the CO2 they need? Trying to get this down while stoned isn't probably the best time so, but if anyone can comment. :Namaste:

Checked that guide out. Pretty good compilation and even though the CO2 section is pretty comprehensive, it still doesn't explain the cycling in and out of fresh air while the CO2 is pushed. Or, do I set my controller to exhaust only when temps get too high? Or do I not need to exhaust at all due to the plants getting the CO2 they need? Trying to get this down while stoned isn't probably the best time so, but if anyone can comment. :Namaste:

exhaust when it hits around89,90 degrees. you should have some make-up air coming into the area.to make up the for the exhausted air.
unfortunately some co2 is exhausted as well but you don't wanna burn them either. exhaust only when temps get too high.

This is my first post... let me say, I think about my first grow constantly and this site has really helped get some of my thought settled! My question is, if you are supplementing CO2 AND venting to control grow space temp and humidity, doesn't this negate the use of any CO2 method? Or is it added only during certain periods? OR, is this part of the process where you have to work out how to maintain 1500ppm while venting? Is it safe to be in (work) a space where the CO2 levels are at such a level?

See, lots of questions...

thank you anyone who can help

So i don't use Co2 currently. Would like to get feedback on it. I read claims of 15-30 bigger yields. So i dont expect an exact answer on this question as clearly there are variables. But how long would a 50lbs tank last in a 9x9x9 room? I will only administer in flowering. I flower for 8-9 weeks total. 24 plants in hydro setup. My room is sealed. My room environment is automated by an iponic controller

I have a question. I was told that I need to exchange the air in the room every minute. If I am adding CO2 into the room to bring it up to 1500ppm. Does that mean that I need to exchange the air faster than a minute, because...I will need to turn off the intake fan and exhaust fan for 15 min to do CO2 saturation....then turn the intake and exhaust fan back on...is that correct?
I was thinking run both fans for 45 min then turn off and the CO2 generator turn on for 15 min...then repeat..while the lights are on...then when the lights turn off....run fans continously. Is that correct and if so...is it ok to just run with exchanging the air every minute?

Try a 5 or 6 gallon beer brewing carboy. Buy the cheapesr malt extract you can get. Often beer supply stores will sell expired malt extract cans for 90% off. Use the cheapest yeast you can find. You will grow monster hard nugs!

Use a PPM reader, that will give you the exact Co2 levels. I found a rather good one on Ebay for twenty dollars. The down was it came from China, Talk about snail mail...Good luck

the bakers yeast was the way i was going to go alsothought about just putting a lrg bowl with warm sugar water in it the let it produce
I use the tanks,regulators and readers to assure my high Co2 PPM readings. I remember when growing weed was fun. When I used a gallon milk jug with water sugar and yeast.Back in the day we tried all kinds of odd things to increase our yields. Some worked and some we thought worked but what I can tell you now is adding Co2 to your grow,Any enrichment is beneficial to your grow will pay off.
I know exactly what my girls are getting at any given time of the light cycle.Hence the regulators and meters and tanks.
Stop pissing like a puppy and use those things in your grow. It is like Steroids for plants !!They will reward your shelling out the money and getting quality items to enhance their lives.
The single MOST important thing you can give your plants is a perfect environment.
Say it with me.... A perfect environment is dead on temperature, humidity and above average Co2 levels as long as the lights are on. If one of those things are not running optimally your grow won`t do as well. All three of those things only do well if the other two are doing well. All three working as a team is the only way to grow exceptional buds,,,HANDS DOWN

Week 6 growth flooding 2000ppm off and on maintaining 1000ppm cycling in fresh air too. It's a jungle now
First day of week 6
20200112_082638.jpg

Last day week 6
20200118_055715.jpg

I have my hvac liscence and we use a hand held drain opener that uses C02 cartridges. all it is, is a valve and a nozzle that sits on top of a C02 cartridge. My question is, can I just spray one above the plants every now and then? Its just a small closet grow.2x3x8 I know it gets pretty cold but it warms up to room temp really quick and I think if I spray above them it would be alright. If it is ok to use it how much/often should I use it? Any help will be appreciated!!
hey how's it going I also use those cartridges I have a 4 x 4 x 7 grow room I usually used to per day do you think I should use more

hey how's it going I also use those cartridges I have a 4 x 4 x 7 grow room I usually used to per day do you think I should use more
I close off the exhaust I it get around 85, then open a small flap and use my Gannon gun and shoot off 2.a Co2 carts. Keep it buttoned up and fan running. Once its over 90 i open the top flap to relive heat, then cose it agein.

Co2 Calculations:
1. Measure and multiply: length x width x height of your grow room to calculate the volume of cubic feet

2. Generally, the c02 level in a grow room is 300 ppm. To bring your room to an optimum level of 1 500 ppm, you will need to raise the c02 by 1 200 ppm.

3. Multiply your room volume by 0.0012 (1 200 ppm = 0.0012) to determine how much c02 to add to your grow room.

EXAMPLE: a 10' x 8' x 10' room:

1. Volume= L x W x H
volume= 10 x 8 x 10 = 800 cubic feet

2. 800 cubic feet x 0.0012 =.96 cubic feet-- you can round this to 1 cubic foot. You will therefore need to add 1 cubic foot of c02 to a 10 x 8 x 10 grow room to bring the c02 level to 1 500 ppm.

Author: Ductman
Ok, how often do I need to add the 1 cubic ft.? lol, I did some more reading and answered my own question. (But could not figure out how to delete this post). New guy

Back
Top Bottom