How much do you smoke a day, for anxiety and PTSD?

Lady Pothead

I was wondering. I

know there are some Vets on this board, and I know a couple people have PM me about PTSD. So, I have a couple of questions I hope people can help me clear up.

Last week was BAD. I had no smoke, but I spent 4 nights and five DAYS with my Mom and BF and friend from EUROPE....In a tiny hotel room! AND NO ONE FOUGHT!!! I was never alone for more than ten minutes! In the fucking town I was abused in for years! It was liking having what I imagine is one bad trip.

The entire time, I'm having like a huge meltdown, mostly in my head. But my family and BF know me like no others. I saw the worried glances. I started to recover after some sleep the first night, and having my around mother helped. It calmed me, reminded me that I was safe. Her cat DIED while she was helping me clean out some stuff from a storage locker. My Mom fucking rocks :headbanger: and I'll kick my husband ASS for saying anything against her!

Oooohhhhh.... I'm gonna have to smoke again, so I can sleep!

Having my BF and Mom go to court to enforce my RO against my husband? I owe them debt I can never repay. We with boobs stand united! You messed with the WRONG PEOPLE. MY PEOPLE. ME.

Anyway. Rinse and repeat. I found a roach in said locker, and finally had ten minutes alone to smoke it before bed. Huge difference.

I did much better.

Now I'm back in hiding from my crazy husband. I'm triggering all over the place, and the dreams are back.

I have been smoking whatever I get from someone very close to me. He always gets GREAT stuff, so I never haggle. I just dig deep and fork it over. I just smoked half a joint, and feel much better.

What has worked for you? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Lady Pothead

Do you ever get friends stopping by? Because right now, I would love to come visit you! I have always wanted to see Australia, but have not gone because I want to go visit a friend, not just see a country.

I promise I'm an excellent house guest.

When I get finished with court, can I come for a visit? If it's ok?

I would LOVE the opportunity to try white widow with someone who grows it for that purpose. (And see a REALLY cool country I've always wanted to see)

(Disclaimer. I am NOT LOOKING for a boyfriend. Honestly people, the age level on some of these forums... Not to knock a fellow toker, but I'm here for friends and help with PTSD. Not looking for DATES! )

The Lady Pothead

I would love to catch up at some time in the future if you were ever un Australia. I don't really have visitors as such because I am an active grower and live a very reclusive lifestyle. My backyard is my escape. I built it for my partner as an expression of beauty and love. I have flowers and scents, fruits and veg, parrots, magpies and my music...all that added to the wonderful memories of my adventures around the world. I truly am content.
If you want a weed friendly place to visit downunder, you might want to check out Nimbin. Happy travelling. Asia is close as well.

Aw, Moose. Does that mean we can't hold the international 420 gathering at your place? :rollingeyes:Just kidding. I don't care to travel by boat or by air anymore so guess my adventures will have to be in spirit only.

Lady P: You're sure going thru it aren't ya. But we ladies have proved to be a very strong bunch over the eons. Remember to breathe and drink lots of water. Good luck.

I smoke in the morning when I get off work, in the afternoon when I wake up and once again before I go back to work. I usually carry a one-hitter with me and when I'm about to go off the deep end at work, I excuse myself, take a hit and get my perspective back. That hit at work seems to take the shakes away and I throw less product. Everyone seems to like working for me better when I'm high. My shrink at the VA won't encourage my use, but hasn't asked me to stop. She sees the results. In group, I wouldn't even talk before, only give evil glares. Now, I don't shut up and no longer go to group. Toke when you need it. That is the best prescription.

Thanks.

The last few days I have been fighting the flashbacks hard. I smoked about 3 and a half joints throughout the day, from dawn to dusk. No ******, just smoke.

I held it together better than I would have taking benzos. I was able to function , get things done, and not cry all day. I hung out with my brother, did some bonding, rested.

I wasn't zoned out. I still had the flashbacks, but I was able to ride them out without falling apart.

I want to try and scale back this week. I can't afford to smoke too much, and I know there will be bad legal stuff I have to deal with. I kinda trying to save it for those times, and ride it out the rest of the time.

It's hard figuring out the right amount to smoke and when though. Thanks for your input; it really helps.

Lady

I mainly use a bowl. I smoke less as I stop when I feel the relief. I would love to smoke 3 and half joints a day, but like you, I can't afford it. Plus, I think if I lit a joint, I would smoke the entire joint. lol

Yeah, therapy is expensive right now. *Sigh*

Right now I'm using weed as motivation. Do this task, and get to take two hits. It is getting things done at least.

I had nightmares all last night about my dog, so I'm still a little shaky today. I almost got out of bed and toked, but I have to smoke outside here, and it was too much of a hassle. Now I'm wishing I had.

Tomorrow I have to do a lot of work for my lawyers (ie: for me) and I am NOT looking forward to it. So I'm trying to relax today.

Lady

I find placing candles around the tub, bringing some soft music in and soaking and toking really helps. Of course you have that restriction of not being able to smoke inside, so try toking and then go in a soaking.

I'm working on it!

I have found some really good music this weekend, caught up on some TV and walked dogs.

Not bad.

"Like Disco lemonaid..."

I went to a political parade today to march with the Ron Paul crowd and to carry a sign. It wasn't long before my anxiety began to rise with all the people, the yelling of slogans and so forth. I had to leave. The bowl I had when I arrived home stopped the whirlpool. My son said he was surprised I went since I won't even go in a department store (while open). lol, I work in a department store when it's closed. MMJ is a wonderful medicine. I am so thankful I can get it and look forward to the day when the prohibition is completely lifted.

I think of it as a hamster on one of those little exercise wheels in my mind. Sometimes that little rodent gets going so fast, I can't make it jump off the wheel!

Too many people, loud noises, confined spaces, any kind of yelling... trigger city. I always wonder, would people prefer I take a Xanax? If I take enough to calm myself, I feel disconnected and spacey. Probably not someone you want around. (or driving a car!) But one or two hits of MMJ and I can still function without all the unpleasant side effects. I can be a productive member of society again, and all it took was a toke from a plant.

The pharmaceutical companies would have fit if they legalized MMJ, wouldn't they. After all, besides the hard work of breeding different strains, how can you patent a plant?

You were very brave to go to a political parade. You must really believe in Ron Paul! I'm still avoiding places and situations that I know will trigger me.

So far, it seems like a couple of hits is all I need to calm my mind. A few more, and I can relax. I like that a lot better than two or three pills.

Lady

Back
Top Bottom