How much does HPS affect electricty bill?

The Prof

I've been growing for a while and I have a 6 plant hydro setup..but I'm also wanting to start a 15-30 plant grown and was wondering how much lighitng would be sufficent and how to keep electricty as low as possible throughout..thanks alot..peace

hahaha thanx hash..but where im at its illegal to grow any..so if im gonna brek the law might as well be worth it..anyone else have input?

I'm just out side of chicago and I run 2-1000w 12hrs 1-400w 24hrs and 2 fans 24hrs 1 air pump 2 light movers and a clone machine for a average of $80 that takes care of 46 plants in flower all year, 3 mothers and then my clones.

^ No offence but you might wanna check your numbers again FizWiz. I run close to that much and I am shelling out 200 plus. I have even done the math once and decided I really didn't want to know lol.

my total bill for the house is about $220 but for the stuff I listed only changed my bill about $80 it's been pretty much the same other than when the AC is running Ive been doing this level for about a year.before comeds increase it was $160. I do beleive the question was how much it affects ones normal bill.

I run 1 400 watt MH right now at 18 hours a day and it accounted for just over half of my bill last month, but then again my tv was broken for quite a while so i couldn't use my xbox which burns 600watts. basically the light cost about $24 or so to run.

I don't know about fluctuation, my normal electric without the grow is 300 to 400. With the grow I am around 500 to 600. I take it into account that where I live electricity is one of the highest in the country. I also own a big house.

I sometimes get nervous cause I am a lil on the high side. I honestly don't know if there is a actual number to go by so I have limited myself to not go over 3k watts and prefer the number lower.

They only care or
start to wonder
when you start Maxing out your Service.

If they are looking at it
then they already know or think they do.

Move in,
turn everything on ,
bring up the grow
and start turning stuff off :)

Or use seasonal spikes to cover yourself :cheesygrinsmiley:
Then go through and see where you can cut your useage.

Re: How do i set up hydro from scratch in UK>

Fellow Cannaphiles
I have lots of space indoors and would be very grateful if some kind person could send me a draw up a specification of equipment for a "6 plant hydro set up" - may the power be with you.Thanks!!
Sassy:smokin:

They only care or
start to wonder
when you start Maxing out your Service.

What do ya'll think it would take to max it out?
I have a 1000 and wanted to add another 1000, but im kinda on the spooked side, do you think I'd be find adding one more? Thanks :allgood:

DankBuds :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom