How much fresh air?

Its not that I know what im talking about or dont understand what your saying, and I get that more is better, but where do you get that numbers from when it comes to the CO2? I just managed to pull of a pretty decent scrog with just a cracked open window for fresh air, no active extraction and I got two tents in the same lung room. A lot of people are growing in their basements, bathrooms or bedrooms without any active extraction.

I got two tents 4x4x7 (1,2x1,2x2,2meters) If i want to ventilate the lung room with the same amount as I need for my tents, thats 500m3/Hour of fresh intake air from the outside. A house ventilation system from Villavent, SAVE VTR 500 is rated for houses up too 400m2, and it will do 600m3/h running at max, pulling a max of 2KW/h and on cold days I will have to supplement with 10KW in heaters to keep the temperature from dropping. It also weigh 72KG and costs 4000USD + installation.

If a cracked open window or no active ventilation works for a lot of people it makes no sense that I need to add 500m3/h of ventilation as soon as I close that window. The answer I want is something like 2, 5 or 10M3/hour, not 500.

Then you have your answer! Again just letting you know what is recommended. You certainly don't need that much. Again why I initially just recommended a small crack of the window or cross ventalation :) especially in winter I highly doubt you will need much more than that, as too much air movement will cool the grow room too much. Unfortunately there is no exact correct answer to your question. you'll have to "grow with the flow". For 4k usd I wouldn't even consider it. Personally I'd pump the warm air back into the lung room and let it heat the winter air in conjunction with a small heater near the inlet of lung room. Use a computer fan to extract air and let the intake air passively enter past the heater. Certainly not the only way to skin your cat but is where i would start personally. It's a very inexpensive start and you could always up circulation as needed in summer.

Sorry I improperly quoted this article.... a robust plant with strong light can use up the co2 in an hour not a minute.... my apologies green finger!

420-magazine-mobile176404613.jpg

So you don't need anywhere near the 500 cubic meters an hour... sorry lol.

Between your 2 tents approx. 6 m/3. That puts your back to the first option you offered, and exactly the answer you wanted!!! Shoot for 5 to 10 cubic meter per hour.... Again probably the lower end of the spectrum for winter and the upper end for summer.

Sorry for any and all confusion! I knew 4k for ventilation seemed just a little high ;)

Back
Top Bottom