How much light does it take to keep a plant in Veg

Newbill10

I got some OG Kush cuttings this summer. They are rooted and growing nicely. How do I keep them in Veg now the sunlight will soon be less than 12 hours? Winter cold is not a problem in Southern California. They will have to be grown outdoors or in a greenhouse if it gets cold.
26-days.jpg

If you mean how much light is needed to keep little plants alive and in the vegetative growth phase, I once kept three going in 18-oz. Solo cups on top of my medicine cabinet for over a year using only the two low wattage CFL bulbs in the light fixture above the cabinet.

If you're planning to actually grow the plants out and are merely concerned that they will begin flowering before they reach the size you want, be aware that it's not the number of light-hours that enable flowering - it's the number of uninterrupted hours of darkness. Just set up a light on a timer to interrupt that dark cycle for a few minutes in the middle every night until you decide that it's time for them to switch to the phase. It need not be an especially powerful light, but it probably wouldn't hurt to have something with the ability to illuminate the entire plant(s).

Back
Top Bottom