How much light?

hydroponicman

Hello I have a 2m x 3.5m x 2m growing space, what do you guys think what be ample lighting for this size room? i was thinking maybe 2 x 1000w or 3 x 600w? thanks in advance for any help.

Speaking completely intuitively, 3 * 600W HID lights would be considered "ample" for your grow space, I believe. :thumb: (btw I say "3 * 600W HID lights" because 600W lights produce more lumens per watt than 1000W HID lights... Fact.)

Since I'm a nerd, I could help you out with the calc if you want?

Hell, I'll do it anyways :woohoo: :geek:

So I assume by
a 2m x 3.5m x 2m growing space
, you mean that you have a 2m x 3.5m floorspace and 2m of height to work with. Is that correct?

If so, you'll have an area of 7m^2.

From some quick googling, I see that one wants about 50 of power per square foot (no bloody square meter threads anywhere to work from, so a conversion is unfortunately in order...). Since 1 square foot is equal to 0.092903m, that means that your 7m^2 grow area is equal to a 75.3474 square foot grow area.

75.3474 * 50 = 3767.37W needed.

Intuitively, I was wrong...

Like I said, I just did a quick google search to see what a respectable W/square foot would be. Perhaps 50W/sqft is an unrealistic aim. But I also must emphasise that a 7m^2 grow area is very large, and you could potentially have quite a few plants in there. How many plants are you looking to grow?

Let me know if this helped! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom