How much power can I get away with without ringing any alarm bells?

tokeycones

Hey guys, i've got 1x 4x4 tent setup with a 4pot hydro system 6" exhaust , in the 4x8 i have a 8" exhaust 3x 2000w king+led's (420w wall draw each) all up im going to be using about 2kw per hour when lights are on maybe .8-1kwph in the 12 hours the lights are off , It is not legal to grow or posses marijuana in any form where i live so not trying to attract any attention :) i'd say the set up will put my bill up 260$ per month

$260 a month!!!!!

Where do you live

In summer, ac running 24/7 it may cost me an added $150
I'm running all the same now, our spring, we don't have winter on the surface of the sun, my bill is only $150, but gas is like $45

Edit
I have a 4x4, 2x4 and a tub all with lights, fans etc

Hey guys, i've got 1x 4x4 tent setup with a 4pot hydro system 6" exhaust , in the 4x8 i have a 8" exhaust 3x 2000w king+led's (420w wall draw each) all up im going to be using about 2kw per hour when lights are on maybe .8-1kwph in the 12 hours the lights are off , It is not legal to grow or posses marijuana in any form where i live so not trying to attract any attention :) i'd say the set up will put my bill up 260$ per month
Yeah. I think your imagined electric
10% of your average electrical use for the past five years. You can put a non-functional air conditioner in your window to explain the increased power usage.
$260 does sound like a really high estimate but I don't think that price is your main worry. I take it that you're more worried about the electric bill being a cause for scrutiny by the authorities.

This is just my opinion. It's just based on life experiences. I've never heard of a small time, home-based grower being caught because of a high electric bill. Maybe some small grow factories have been but I don't know. I think this is a myth. Another myth is that there are helicopters flying around everywhere with night vision scopes that can see grow operations.

A grower's biggest security risk comes from having anyone know that you're growing. Trust no one. Don't tell anyone you're growing, not your best friend and not certainly not your girlfriend. Your electric bill isn't a problem. A grower's biggest problem is to learn to put off the desire to brag. Those people who you tell always tell more people and pretty soon you've got unwanted attention.

Back
Top Bottom