How much side-clearance for tent?

Check the measurements at the baseboards.

Is the door wide enough to slide the tent into the closet? If not, you can't use that size of tent.

Is the closet high enough so that you can fit an exhaust into the top? You won't be able to get it into the sides. All of your wiring will need to enter the tent from the top.

I'd be very tempted to paint the closet with kitchen/ bathroom paint, and build or buy a tray to cover the floor for accidental spill containment. I wouldn't want to put a tent in there.

Something else to consider is that tents are usually made in China to metric sizes, even though the dimensions are specified with English units when sold in North America. That 30" X 30" can easily be an inch or two larger, or smaller.

One thing to consider in your particular situation is to get an approximately sized tent and don't use the frame...your could tack it up from the inside into the framing of the closet. From your previous posts you need to contain odor and the door is see through so wouldn't contain light.

:goodluck:

Yikes! I hadn't thought about the door. I could squeeze 24" through the door. I was hoping I could assemble the tent inside the closet - is that unfeasible?

Without a tent would I be able to contain the odor with a carbon filter? I have no place to vent.

OK, I'm going to order the Mars-Hydro 27"x27"x63" and hope for the best. Amazon is pretty good about returns:D

Thank you everyone for helping.

I was hoping I could assemble the tent inside the closet - is that unfeasible?
One inch to either side is very little room to fit the cover.It would drive you insane, even if you could accomplish it. Some tents need to be assembled upside down, then righted. The zippers usually go around three side of the tent for assembly. Closing them would be no fun at all.

Without a tent would I be able to contain the odor with a carbon filter? I have no place to vent.
You would need to vent through the door, or a wall. You can use standard ventilation grills for that. I'd run flexible pipe to the exhaust vent. The intake will need an extra opening. Done right, these would look like they belonged.

You will also have to make the door light-tight. Weather stripping can be used around the edges. For the vents, you'd need to make them light tight as well. It's a simple design.

One inch to either side is very little room to fit the cover.It would drive you insane, even if you could accomplish it. Some tents need to be assembled upside down, then righted. The zippers usually go around three side of the tent for assembly. Closing them would be no fun at all.

You would need to vent through the door, or a wall. You can use standard ventilation grills for that. I'd run flexible pipe to the exhaust vent. The intake will need an extra opening. Done right, these would look like they belonged.

You will also have to make the door light-tight. Weather stripping can be used around the edges. For the vents, you'd need to make them light tight as well. It's a simple design.

Very interesting. I hadn't really given consideration to modifying the room/door but it is an intriguing idea. I will give it some thought. Really appreciate your help.

Yikes! I hadn't thought about the door. I could squeeze 24" through the door. I was hoping I could assemble the tent inside the closet - is that unfeasible?

If you are worried about smell you could grow Northern Lights which is low odour. Of course all marijuana in flower will smell, but you will be better off with something like Northern Lights than, say, skunk. Northern Lights is also an excellent indoor strain generally.

Welcome to the 420 forum.

If you are worried about smell you could grow Northern Lights which is low odour. Of course all marijuana in flower will smell, but you will be better off with something like Northern Lights than, say, skunk. Northern Lights is also an excellent indoor strain generally.

Good idea, I hadn't thought of looking into chemvars for odour characteristics. I need to also be conscious of height. Prior to this I hadn't actually even seen a growing cannabis plant. I used to work in admin and supply for a local dispensary so I new I liked sativas, esp. amnesia, that's why I started with her. Next grow will be so different with all the things I have learned here.

Good idea, I hadn't thought of looking into chemvars for odour characteristics. I need to also be conscious of height. Prior to this I hadn't actually even seen a growing cannabis plant. I used to work in admin and supply for a local dispensary so I new I liked sativas, esp. amnesia, that's why I started with her. Next grow will be so different with all the things I have learned here.
You could even go with autos. Autos have come a long way and the quality of the buds are very good. If you are doing a closet grow you should get a strain that is short and also doesn't need a lot of time in Veg. Don't pick a strain that is going to get too big because you'll just wind up with low THC popcorn nugs on the bottom that don't get enough light. Lowryder Auto, or Northern Lights Fem are good ideas for your situation. For Northern you can switch them to flower when they are short and still get a good yield.

Back
Top Bottom