How much soil to Clackamas Coot Soil Mix ration do I use?

Phillybonker

To be specific about my growing environment, I'm guerrilla growing directly in the ground out in bush land far from my home.

So the recipe says 1/3 vermincompost, 1/3 pumice, 1/3 peat moss, etc. My question is how much soil to coots mix do I use?

And how big should the grow area be?, I'll be growing indica hybrids so I assume 40 cm deep by two metres across?

My suggestion is to grow in a grow bag - say 50gal. Instead of digging a hole.

I grow outdoors both ways and my bagged plants are MUCH larger and healthier looking.

To answer your question - 2x2x1' hole filled with Coots mix is good. Thats a crap ton of work by hand.

The soil we have isn't ready for plants it needs much more work. If you grow in a 50gal bag your plants will be plenty big enough. I grow 15 footers in 35 gal containers outside.

The thing with growing in the ground is the soil becomes a sort of sponge soaking up the water and dispersing it thru the soil same thing with nutrients. There are other plants like trees that send out very long roots over time. These will compete for nutrients in the soil.

You can grow in the ground for sure. I'm just saying growing in a large bag/container will get you larger plants and less work. Side benefit you can re-use your soil from a bag.

The soil we have isn't ready for plants it needs much more work. If you grow in a 50gal bag your plants will be plenty big enough. I grow 15 footers in 35 gal containers outside.

The thing with growing in the ground is the soil becomes a sort of sponge soaking up the water and dispersing it thru the soil same thing with nutrients. There are other plants like trees that send out very long roots over time. These will compete for nutrients in the soil.

You can grow in the ground for sure. I'm just saying growing in a large bag/container will get you larger plants and less work. Side benefit you can re-use your soil from a bag.
Some good points made. I'll put some in a grow bag and some straight in the ground to experiment a bit.

Back
Top Bottom