How much space for 60 plants?

Bishopbob

Hi, as a licensed MI. caregiver I can plant up to 60 plants at a time for my patients. I am planning to move soon and will have an entire basement to use. These are soil grown plants in 3 gal. square pots. The plants only grow about 2 feet tall. Will my current 1,000 watt and 400 watt digital ballast/lights be enough for these 60 plants. If not, how much more should I budget for? Any ideas are appreciated.

The Bishop

Maybe place your pots out like you would for 60 mature plants and then measure around them, then figure out how much more space you will want to be able to work around them!
As for the lights, you WILL want more horse power IMO.
If you have Google skills, you can find a light calculator online that will help you determine how many watts you will want/need/afford per plant.
I bet there is one on this site but I am too stoned right now to do any footwork ;)

Anyways, I hope that helps a lil

Thanks for the insights my friends ---- I will probably try (with my ADHD mind it ain't easy) to keep them rolling along at 20 -20 -20, 20 mature/20 half-way/20 sprouting. With 60 Day plants I wonder about and I am working on the nutrients schedule -- taking out over a month of grow time messes with all the standardized tables. But for Caregivers with hungry patients auto-flower strains are the way to go. Not the weight output, but quick with about an oz. per plant dried will work out. My goal is to harvest 60 oz. per month and offer them to my patients at $225 per oz. Thanks again. The Bishop

I would lay it out w/ 3 x1000's on a rail mover to cover 54 sq feet. I like to figure a 1000 covers 4x4 to 4x5.

Thanks for the insight I have 1, 1000 and 1, 400 watt, maybe I'll get a 600 watt and run all 3 at different heights. The 1,000 watt over the mature autos, the 600 over the halfway there's, and the 400 over the sprouts. Then place my CFL's around the base of the plants parallel with the plants (I'd suspend them from chains in the ceiling and move them as the plants grow. The CFL's are all at least 400+ watt, a couple are over 600 watt's with mogul bases. Peace -- The Bishop

Im having a similar issue with my 8'X12' grow space. I've been told to get two 600 watt MH/HPS and it should do the trick with 60 plants. But i was thinking of adding along with them two 12" X 12" red/blue LED panels. Its always been my opionion that 1000w lights dont give all that much benniffit over the 600w lights compared to the amount of current being drawn. But im thinkibg that whatever the two 600w lights are lacking should be more than made up for with the two LED light panels. Any thoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom