How much water do I use?

FourTwoZero420

I just bought this clone how much water do i need to give it each watering im using sohum soil so I just ph tap water to 6.5 but not sure on how much to give? And also how long should I leave in vegatative stage before forcing into flowering? Sorry new grower this is my first plant

You should water slowly, like trying to fill up a sponge, until the soil can hold no more water. Take your time and see how much you can get in there before it starts running out of the bottom. In that cloth container, watering too quickly will make water come out of the sides too, so if you see that, you are watering too fast.
Once you have completely saturated the container, sit on your hands and do nothing. Do not even think about watering again until the plant uses all the water you just gave it, all the way to the bottom. Before you water the next time, you should think that you might be killing it and the soil will seem to be very dry on top. Never mind that, and know that the state of the roots at the bottom of the container, down where gravity draws your water, it is those roots that are the most important, and they need to see oxygen between each watering. How do they see oxygen? Think of the water table in that container as a big diaphragm, that as it falls, pulls oxygen from the surface all the way down to the bottom.
I wrote a nice piece on watering and I invite you to join the 52k+ people who have read it. I suspect that it will clear up all the questions you are having.
Welcome to the forum @FourTwoZero420 , nice to meet you!
:goodluck:

You should water slowly, like trying to fill up a sponge, until the soil can hold no more water. Take your time and see how much you can get in there before it starts running out of the bottom. In that cloth container, watering too quickly will make water come out of the sides too, so if you see that, you are watering too fast.
Once you have completely saturated the container, sit on your hands and do nothing. Do not even think about watering again until the plant uses all the water you just gave it, all the way to the bottom. Before you water the next time, you should think that you might be killing it and the soil will seem to be very dry on top. Never mind that, and know that the state of the roots at the bottom of the container, down where gravity draws your water, it is those roots that are the most important, and they need to see oxygen between each watering. How do they see oxygen? Think of the water table in that container as a big diaphragm, that as it falls, pulls oxygen from the surface all the way down to the bottom.
I wrote a nice piece on watering and I invite you to join the 52k+ people who have read it. I suspect that it will clear up all the questions you are having.
Awesome thank you!

SHE is 100% on her watering... I have been following her advice and wow she took most of the guessing out of the equation!!! HUGE THANKS EMILYA!!!!

Back
Top Bottom